Debbie is doing the Hokey Cokey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  23:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after our accidental late-night 'event' a while back, Darling Debbie is positively blooming...
she shed on wednesday, and now is being completely indecisive about whether she wants to get into the damp moss box I've put in her viv... she gets in....she gets out .....she gets in.....she gets out....

at the moment she's doing the 'shake it all about' bit. round and round the viv and digging about in the beech chips- (won't be buying those again- she clearly wants to dig and burrow and they just slip about, so I went and got some aspen today, and I'm just about to disturb her to swap the chips for aspen, to make her a bit comfier.

quick Q for those experienced breeders out there; while she's got the fidgets at this stage, is it okay for her to be handled? or would it be hazardous to her or her eggs? (I'm not so fussed about the eggs, as they're an unintentional accident, and I'm not intending to incubate anyhting, but Debbie's my fave and I don't want to do anyhting that might potentially hurt her, or make laying difficult/dangerous)

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  08:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can handle gravid females,but leave her in peace as it gets closer to the laying time

Edited by - kev 5 on 13/05/2012 08:10:13
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  13:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont handle her untill about a week after she has laid as she will need to be fed and will be stressed. For what its worth though you should give a go at incubating them to see what you get its a wonderful experience!!

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000