The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 HELP! she laid early and my incubator has not arri

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hadlowj Posted - 04/05/2012 : 18:20:36
Hi, well I was caught by surprise today, I had ordered an incubator, hatchrite and a laybox but non of that is arriving till the 8th, I open up my females cadge today to find that she is laying eggs, I cover her up again as I did not want to upset her but it looked around 10 plump white eggs. But my problem, she has laid them in some sphagnum moss. Now my problem, what do I do with the eggs until the 8th. I have the vivarium my male is in, I thought could I put a male in a small tub and put him in the females vivarium and put the eggs in a Tupperware box with some sphagnum moss until the hatchrite and incubator arrives in the males enclosure, they would be there for 4 days, if so how moist should I keep the moss and how should the eggs look? I will post some pics up soon.

Please Help
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 08/05/2012 : 10:13:30
good luck,hope it all goes well
hadlowj Posted - 08/05/2012 : 01:11:45
Thanks for the info, just a little update. I put the eggs in a box with some moss and put a thermometer in with them and put them in the males viv as the male is in a container as I have to install a light guard as until recently he shared a viv with the female. 2 of the eggs looks like slugs but most of them I could see veins in the egg using a light :) I fed her after removing the eggs with no problem, fingers crossed all goes well :)

Thanks again
ashby_steve Posted - 06/05/2012 : 17:00:01
it seems snakes like to be inconvienient!
i had my incubator up for 2 weeks ready for her!
best of luck :)
kev 5 Posted - 04/05/2012 : 21:54:13
I would just use a digital thermometer with a probe,place the probe in a box the same as the box your eggs are in. then adjust the incubator temperature as need be,then swap the boxes over
marc_sg Posted - 04/05/2012 : 21:47:41
the only thing i would add is if u can get the temps right with having the box in the tank then leave them in there till u have the incubator up to temp. it wont shock the eggs then. so u dont have to panic as much put the thermostate sensor in the box and set it between 82°f- 84°f. and once the incubator is up to temp and constant for a couple of hours you can transfer them over and you should be ok
cobweb251 Posted - 04/05/2012 : 20:28:43
Nothing more to add than what has been said but good looking eggs and snakey congrats
kev 5 Posted - 04/05/2012 : 20:06:15
1st with the spaghnum moss you pour water over the moss then wring out until it stops dripping.
I think all you can do is then put the tub in the viv with a lid on it on the mat and check the temperature, needs to be between 26-29c. if the temperature is o.k they should be o.k untill tuesday.
Ideally an incubator should be run for a few days before putting eggs in,but i don't think you have that option. so keep an eye on the temperature.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000