The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 20/04/2012 : 10:54:48
Hi all

Im just doing some lookie into breeding atm but i cant find a sticky for incubators lol, could soomeone point me in the right direction?

Ta

Scaly
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 30/04/2012 : 16:55:10
I've set up my own incubator using a 3ft x 1ft viv.

The heat mat is in the far right hand side, with a sheet of cardboard over it and then a big dish of water on it.
then the eggs are in a tupperware box, without a lid on buried in vermiculite.

I know people frown upon homemade incubators, but my eggs are perfectly healthy.
I haven't even had to add more water to the vermiculite as the water bowl keeps the entire viv at around 90% humidity.

The top two eggs did dent inwards a little last week, but I laid a damp paper towel over them and they are perfect again now.

It means that I don't have to worry about adding more water and I can see them through the glass.

I have checked the conditions once a week since they were laid and I couldn't be happier with the results.
They are at a constant 83F, dropping down to 80F on cold nights.

I candled the top few eggs the other day and I saw a little bit of movement in each :D so exciting!

If you do decide to make your own however, I would be sure to test run it for a month or so. I had mine set up before I even mated my corns.
Nothing worse than setting it up with the eggs already laid and it not working!
marc_sg Posted - 29/04/2012 : 01:33:38
quote:
Originally posted by ashby_steve

theres a mint one on www.thekingsnake.co.uk
its stickied in the breeding section on there :)

the only thing with this one is the heat comes from the bottom . which means the bottom of the nest box will be alot warmer than the top thats y i was told to stick the mats on the sides so it warms evenly . however im definately not knocking that incubator it may work absolutely fine for lee just i have used this method for two years now and i no i get the same temps at the bottom and the top
343guiltyspark Posted - 28/04/2012 : 16:44:11
You could just search up what you want to know on google. Thats what I do. Or a book...
hayden764 Posted - 28/04/2012 : 16:25:39
have you tried leaping lizards in york look it up on their website there very helpful and give you all the info you need about breeding
ScalySituation Posted - 21/04/2012 : 19:25:40
thanks steve :)
ashby_steve Posted - 21/04/2012 : 10:50:58
theres a mint one on www.thekingsnake.co.uk
its stickied in the breeding section on there :)
ScalySituation Posted - 20/04/2012 : 11:31:25
thx a bunch :)
tordyjo Posted - 20/04/2012 : 11:20:38
haven't found any stickys but there's this thread about a homemade incubator from earlier this year
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21630

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000