The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Procorns 2012 breeding thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adsclarke Posted - 15/04/2012 : 14:47:45
Hi all,

I've finally got around to starting a 2012 breeding thread for the corns here this year.

I'll post each breeding and the details on this thread once we have eggs cooking in the incubator. I'm never comfortable publishing details of breedings until we have eggs as things change so much over the season.

If you have any questions or are interested in any of the possible outcomes of the breedings then please give me a shout (ads@procorns.co.uk). We keep a waiting list for animals and morphs on a first come, first served basis and notify people when animals become available.

We're continuing the work with test breeding our Sunkissed and het Sunkissed animals for the Stargazer gene. For those who don't know much about Stargazer, it is a nasty genetic mutation which affects the motor function of the animal and leaves them without being able to move properly. The mutation comes from Sunkissed lines originally and we have decided to prove our animals free of this gene before we let any Sunkissed or het Sunkissed animals go. We would always urge anyone who is interested in purchasing a Sunkissed animal to check that the parents have been tested before doing so. A quick google will give you more information on the gene, it is clearly something that we need to try to breed out of the cornsnake population but unfortunately is still being propogated in to all sorts of morphs by continual breeding of Sunkissed animals without testing.

The season has got off to a good start for us, we have 6 clutches in the incubator already with lots of females either just shed or about to shed before laying. It is about to get really busy, especially as we are only a couple of weeks away from the first eggs hatching!

Right - essay over, I'll start posting about breedings.

Cheers
Ads
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 07/07/2012 : 11:23:11
look forward to seeing the results
Adsclarke Posted - 07/07/2012 : 11:01:51
#1210 Anery Dilute Hypo Motley X Wild Caught F1

This will hopefully create some nice het animals for later breeding. We're trying to breed the slightly weaker dilute gene back to close to the wild caught animals to see if we can produce much stronger hatchlings.

18 eggs laid 4th July

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 07/07/2012 : 11:01:11
#1237 Het Amel Anery ph Charcoal Hypo Lava X Het Amel Anery Lava ph Charcoal Hypo.

The genetics here are long and drawn out and we are actually not sure what we have!
This is a big test to see what comes out this year.

24 eggs laid 4th July

Cheers
Ads
kev 5 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 20:01:48
look forward to seeing the results
Adsclarke Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:41:20
#1225 Diffused Pied X Charcoal het Diffused Hypo

The breeding here actually is Diffused Pied het hypo, amel ph anery, motley X Charcoal het Diffused Hypo. This is the female that produced Pied Pewter last year when bred to our Lexcorn Pied Granite het Charcoal.

We thought it would be nice to breed her to a Soderberg line Pied this year to see how different the pied sided that come out are.

14 eggs laid 24th June.

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:40:44
#1254 Whiteout X Plasma ph/homo Charcoal ph Hypo

This is a het test really. We want to prove if the Plasma female is actually a Charcoal Plasma. We are pretty sure she is, this is the test to prove it.

18 eggs laid 24th June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:40:07
#1215 Cinder ph Diffused X Pewter

Hopefully here we will prove that our Cinder ph Diffused male is actually Cinder and end up with some Diffused het Cinder Charcoal. Another new project for 2012.

13 eggs laid 23rd June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:39:19
#1245 Hypo het Charcoal Diffused Motley X Same

We finally have eggs from this clutch. We're really hoping to see some Charcoal and Motley as we don't get to see much of that. Here's to hoping for a Phantom Motley.

19 eggs laid 14th June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 11/06/2012 : 00:00:51
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments.

We do have a good few corns here! The incubator is actually a somewhat customised IKEA wardrobe! It does us well though.

I'll post hatching photos when they all start, it has only been a few clutches so far this season. It is all about to happen though for sure.

Cheers
Ads
kev 5 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 20:05:45
look forward to seeing the hatchlings
marc_sg Posted - 10/06/2012 : 19:44:04
Wow
1 how many breeding females you got
2 how big is ur incubator. a room

Good luck any way
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:38:01
Oo exciting.
they look like good eggs :)
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:29:57
#1269 Plasma het Hypo X Hypo het Diffused Lavender

The female from this pairing always has some hatchlings with really interesting patterns so we are looking forward to seeing what hatches. Hopefully we'll see a Hypo Plasma or two as well.

21 eggs laid 7th June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:29:16
#1205 Amel het Cinder Lava X Het Amel Cinder Lava

This is another breeding where we are hoping to produce Cinder Lava. I'm still not sure if you can see the Lava in an Amel Cinder. We'll see what comes out!

17 eggs laid 5th June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:28:34
#1224 Pied het Hypo Amel X Fire Mot/Stripe

This is a bit of a test breeding and a bit of a complicated one at that! The breeding is actually:

Pied het Amel, Hypo ph Anery Motley X Fire het Motley/Stripe ph Anery Caramel Hypo

I have no idea what will come out of this! Basically we want to prove for sure that the female is homozygous diffused and see if we can get prove out any of the other hets at the same time on both sides.

19 eggs laid 4th June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:27:59
#1274 Hypo Opal het Stripe X Hypo Lavender het Stripe

This didn't go too well for us this year. Just 3 eggs from this pairing and they don't look great! We were hoping for a Hypo Lavender Stripe but we'll have to see what happens!

3 eggs laid 3rd June

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:27:14
#1218 Cinder ph Lava X Topaz ph Motley

This is yet another project we are kicking off this year - How many keepers!?

Anyway, we're hoping to see that our Cinder boy is het for Lava (66% ph) so hopefully thre will be some little Lava het Cinder Caramel noses popping out later on.

Cinder ph Lava X Topaz ph Motley

16 eggs laid 3rd June - Not the best looking eggs in the world but hopefully they will pull through.

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:26:41
#1219 Cinder ph Lava X Kastanie

This is a project starting, we are looking to see if we can produce Cinder Kastanie in a few years time. No idea what it will look like!

Cinder ph LavaX Kastanie

17 eggs laid 2th June.

Cheers
Ads
Adsclarke Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:26:08
Hey :) That is great! It is always nice to hear that people are getting on well with the animals that come from us!

Cheers
Ads
kev 5 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 16:29:11
i had 3 snakes off you last december. adult butter motley het anery - got 28 eggs a week or so away from hatching from hs pairing. also a powder and diffused ghost, both doing well. the ghost is over 200g now, was 19g when i got him

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000