Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:47:45  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I've finally got around to starting a 2012 breeding thread for the corns here this year.

I'll post each breeding and the details on this thread once we have eggs cooking in the incubator. I'm never comfortable publishing details of breedings until we have eggs as things change so much over the season.

If you have any questions or are interested in any of the possible outcomes of the breedings then please give me a shout (ads@procorns.co.uk). We keep a waiting list for animals and morphs on a first come, first served basis and notify people when animals become available.

We're continuing the work with test breeding our Sunkissed and het Sunkissed animals for the Stargazer gene. For those who don't know much about Stargazer, it is a nasty genetic mutation which affects the motor function of the animal and leaves them without being able to move properly. The mutation comes from Sunkissed lines originally and we have decided to prove our animals free of this gene before we let any Sunkissed or het Sunkissed animals go. We would always urge anyone who is interested in purchasing a Sunkissed animal to check that the parents have been tested before doing so. A quick google will give you more information on the gene, it is clearly something that we need to try to breed out of the cornsnake population but unfortunately is still being propogated in to all sorts of morphs by continual breeding of Sunkissed animals without testing.

The season has got off to a good start for us, we have 6 clutches in the incubator already with lots of females either just shed or about to shed before laying. It is about to get really busy, especially as we are only a couple of weeks away from the first eggs hatching!

Right - essay over, I'll start posting about breedings.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Facebook/procorns for updates and general photo spam

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:48:20  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1281 - Whiteout X Diffused Caramel ph Amel

This is our first clutch for 2012 :)

We're looking for a project here starting with Diffused het Charcoal Caramel Amel with the eventual aim of producing some Caramel Pewters. With the Amel here we could also get some Fires het Charcoal Caramel which could bring some interested end results. No idea how you tell a Caramel Whiteout from a normal Whiteout!

This is a nice line of diffusion as well so any hatchling with both Caramel and Diffused will hopefully show up the Diffusion nicely.

So 20 eggs laid on the 26th Feb.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1247 - Hypo Lavender het Motley/Stripe X Diffused Caramel het Amel ph Hypo

This breeding is to add to our long term goal of line breeding some really nice Hypo Lavender Caramel animals. We've seen some really nice examples of this morph and some that look just like Caramel or just like Lavender. You will see that we are starting a number of projects in this area this year and will be mixing them all up in future seasons looking for a good combination of the morph.

This will also prove if the female is carrying the Hypo gene or not.

So we are aiming for Normals het Hypo Caramel Diffused Lavender het Motley or Stripe ph Amel

I won't we complaining if we get some Hypos out though for sure.

22 eggs laid 9th March

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1242 - Hypo Diffused het Anery Charcoal ph Amel X Platinum het Amel

The third clutch of the year, and it will be a multi coloured one for sure!

If the het Amel proves out in the male there will be some crazy hatchlings here including the possibility of Hypo Blizzard, Hypo Snow and Powder.

Without the Amel there is the possibility of Hypo, Ghost, Phantom, Platinum.

All hatchlings will be homozygous Hypo and het Diffused.

16 eggs laid 15th March.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1258 - Het Amel Caramel Cinder Motley X Amber Motley

This is a bit of a test project really, we're trying to see if it is possible to see a difference in the animals that are het for Cinder in this clutch.

We should hopefully see some caramels and caramel motleys from it and I'm interested to see if the Cinder shows through.

Also testing the Amber Motley girl for Amel.

18 eggs laid 2nd April.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:56:15  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1262 - Opal het Kastanie X Het Amel Caramel Kastanie

We have had to change our minds a little bit on this project.

We have 1.2 Het Amel Caramel Kastanie but unfortunately this is the second year in a row that the male hasn't really been interesting in breeding.

This girl was heavily ovulating so we swapped out the male for our Opal het Kastanie in the hope that we will at least get some Mandarin out this year.

We will try the project again next year and see if the boy is up for it.

A great outcome though as we thought we might have missed her.

18 eggs and 2 slugs laid 7th April.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  14:56:45  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1231 - Ghost het Amel Lavender Diffused X Hypo het Amel Anery Lavender Diffused

A cool breeding that will produce a load of interesting animals all of which will be at least Hypo.

Really from this I'm looking to see if we can get a Diffused Ghost Lavender, honestly not sure what one would look like yet though!

The lavender line is a really bright one so we are hoping that might shine though.

A hypo Plasma wouldn't be a bad thing out of this either! :)

16 eggs laid 14th April

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  15:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking good

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  18:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a lot of eggs! Good luck :)

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  18:31:08  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck on all of ur breedings :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Bob101
Egg

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  21:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your going to have your hands full i think with all those!! :) good luck, and look forward to seeing them when they arrive

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  00:36:58  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooooh **droools** at the thought of a hypo blizzard good luck with all the projects fingers crossed for you

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  01:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow thats overwhelming!
what are the dots on the eggs in the last two pics?

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  07:47:35  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

Thanks all for the comments, this is really just the start. We have a lot more females about to lay!

The little dots on the eggs appear from time to time. We think it is extra calcium building up. Sometimes you get really pretty star shapes or snow flake shapes.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  09:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck very jealous
Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  16:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just had a clutch myself
caught them a bit late, they had started to dry a bit
if they are rehyrated will the little dents go?
will they turn bright white again or stay dullish?

basically im saying how will i know if they are ok?
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  07:43:55  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adsclarke

#1231 - Ghost het Amel Lavender Diffused X Hypo het Amel Anery Lavender Diffused

A cool breeding that will produce a load of interesting animals all of which will be at least Hypo.

Really from this I'm looking to see if we can get a Diffused Ghost Lavender, honestly not sure what one would look like yet though!

The lavender line is a really bright one so we are hoping that might shine though.

A hypo Plasma wouldn't be a bad thing out of this either! :)

This last clutch looks really interesting! Maybe Hypo Diffused Snopals?

As for the Diffused Ghost Lavender, it's listed as a Plasma Ghost...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/plasma_ghost/

Lavender Ghost for comparison!

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/lavender_ghost/

Hope this breeding works out for you, and good luck with all your clutches!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Edited by - Dancross0 on 18/04/2012 07:47:16
Go to Top of Page

Sahra-Luise
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2012 :  17:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been desparately looking to buy a baby lavender corn snake, been looking for months, contacting stores and breeders.

my partner has a corn snake and she is gorgeous. he gave me an iou for my birthday october 2011 to pay for my snake :-)

I looked through all the types of corn snakes, read all about them and I fell in love with the lavender one.

i have a beautiful vivarium built, ready and set up. will be spolit and well cared for.

can you please inform me and keep me posted on any potential hatchlings, would like a female one if possible.

pictures will be greatly appreciated to confirm it is the right lavender i would like
Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  17:17:25  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All, thanks for the comments.

We'll certainly have Lavenders available this year, the best thing to do is to email us if you are interested in anything at ads@procorns.co.uk. I don't get a lot of time on the forums at the moment with all the breedings and hatchlings.

I'm a bit late on updates so I'll start posting some now!

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  17:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1250 - Hypo Opal het Stripe X Anery Stripe

This is a bit of a test breeding to see if our Anery Stripe girl carries Amel or not (Hopefully not as we'd like to use her for a project that really doesn't need Amel!).

Some Stripes het Anery Lavender Hypo Amel are not too bad as an outcome.

8 eggs and 3 slugs laid 14th April (I know I'm nearly a month late posting!)

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  17:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#1241 Hypo Cinder X Terrazzo

This is one of the really exciting projects we are starting this year. We're really looking to see what Cinder and Terrazzo do together.

17 eggs and 3 slugs laid on the 21st April.

There is one slug in there we couldn't quite get out but hopefully it will be ok.

Cheers

Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: