The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 ghost and....?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dibzy-Time Posted - 03/02/2012 : 09:36:36
hey guys!!
just a quick message.
What would I be able to breed with my ghost corn?
DT
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 21/02/2012 : 18:49:08
thats alright i knew what u was on about any way lol
paulie78 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 18:43:44
bloody insomnias a nightmare sorry for getting muddled mate i knew what i meant pmsl
marc_sg Posted - 21/02/2012 : 17:59:07
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

quote:
Originally posted by manda88

quote:

Marc at the very least your ghost will be het for hypo and anery i like to ask about any known hets before i buy not because i definately plan to breed my snakes but its just nice to know if i did what itd be best to put them too.
I was up till 2am the other night playing on corncalculator after Gmac kindly pointed out why it wasnt working for me lmao

It won't bet HET hypo and anery as ghost is already hypo and anery
Most corns these days are carrying amel, anery or hypo, so you can pretty much guarantee that your ghost will be het for something, it's just a case of breeding it to find out what

Sorry i shoulda rephrased what i meant was anery and hypo make ghost so those traits would be passed on even if nothing else was i really ought to refrain from posting at silly o clock in the morning lol

another member of the late night club. least im not alone
paulie78 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 17:00:52
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

quote:

Marc at the very least your ghost will be het for hypo and anery i like to ask about any known hets before i buy not because i definately plan to breed my snakes but its just nice to know if i did what itd be best to put them too.
I was up till 2am the other night playing on corncalculator after Gmac kindly pointed out why it wasnt working for me lmao

Most corns these days are carrying amel, anery or hypo, so you can pretty much guarantee that your ghost will be het for something, it's just a case of breeding it to find out what

Sorry i shoulda rephrased what i meant was anery and hypo make ghost so those traits would be passed on even if nothing else was i really ought to refrain from posting at silly o clock in the morning lol
manda88 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 15:16:33
quote:

manda88 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 15:14:24
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

i was once told corn snake breeding is like opening a box of chox u never know what u are going to get

Not the case with corns at all, however I have heard that exact phrase used with crested geckos, as you literally never know what might pop out! You could pair two pinstripes together and get dalmations, it's totally random, however with corns if you put two stripes together you'll get stripes, it's as simple as that
paulie78 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 21:01:46
marc_sg Posted - 20/02/2012 : 21:00:34
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

i was once told corn snake breeding is like opening a box of chox u never know what u are going to get

but the difference is there is no dodgey coffee ones their all sweet strewberrys lol
sue2012 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 20:57:25
marc_sg Posted - 20/02/2012 : 20:28:16
on the subject of hets. i had the same prob. then when i took my babies to the rep shop he told me of some one special i might be interested in. it turned out to be my male carolina stripe simon. het for anery amel and hypo. i got to admit the hets of my ghost are still not known. so with simon i am hoping for a nice clutch of suprises.

also too be honestmost corns have many hidden genes so i guess you will have summin nice come along anyway
manda88 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 15:18:18
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Sorry for hijacking ur post but is it the breeders responsibility or the owners to find out hets for a future breeding snake?

It's not really anybody's 'responsibility' as such, most breeders will advertise the snakes with hets as a lot of people who buy corns/snakes are attracted by what genes the snakes carry Personally I like to know what hets my snakes are carrying as I plan to breed most of them, so if I find an advert and it doesn't state any hets then I will ask what the parents were and I'll work it out myself
ScalySituation Posted - 10/02/2012 : 19:00:46
Sorry for hijacking ur post but is it the breeders responsibility or the owners to find out hets for a future breeding snake?
mkmattyk Posted - 10/02/2012 : 18:57:08
TBH any morph you want but youll end up with normals, youll need a corn that has any morphs or hets the same as your ghost, corn calc is your best option for workings out
oakleyman18 Posted - 10/02/2012 : 17:54:41
You can breed any corn with any corn, but you need to know the chances of getting specific colours (morphs) out. If you bred a ghost corn with a lavender, you would get normals het for lavender, anery and hypo. They would all look the same, and you wouldn't be able to sell them for much.

Your best bet is to find a female with Anery and/or Hypo genes, preferably Anery as that will give you the most interesting looking clutch of babies. Anything that doesn't include either of those two genes will just produce normals

Not that there's anything wrong with a normal!
Mamma Posted - 10/02/2012 : 17:40:51
what are you hoping to get from the clutch? Think about that 1st before hand. It will no doubt help to find what you are needing.

Its like going into a sweet shop and sayin "I want a sweet. Gimme one.".....

Dibzy-Time Posted - 10/02/2012 : 17:29:21
so maybe a female lavender?
eeji Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:13:52
anything you want! :)
sue2012 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 14:23:49
u should look on here http://www.corncalc.com/ (hope the link works lol) have a play about outting in your ghost and then mixing it about with some other morphs u might find something u like the sound of :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000