ghost and....?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  09:36:36  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey guys!!
just a quick message.
What would I be able to breed with my ghost corn?
DT

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  14:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u should look on here http://www.corncalc.com/ (hope the link works lol) have a play about outting in your ghost and then mixing it about with some other morphs u might find something u like the sound of :)

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  19:13:52  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anything you want! :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  17:29:21  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so maybe a female lavender?
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  17:40:51  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what are you hoping to get from the clutch? Think about that 1st before hand. It will no doubt help to find what you are needing.

Its like going into a sweet shop and sayin "I want a sweet. Gimme one.".....

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  17:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can breed any corn with any corn, but you need to know the chances of getting specific colours (morphs) out. If you bred a ghost corn with a lavender, you would get normals het for lavender, anery and hypo. They would all look the same, and you wouldn't be able to sell them for much.

Your best bet is to find a female with Anery and/or Hypo genes, preferably Anery as that will give you the most interesting looking clutch of babies. Anything that doesn't include either of those two genes will just produce normals

Not that there's anything wrong with a normal!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  18:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TBH any morph you want but youll end up with normals, youll need a corn that has any morphs or hets the same as your ghost, corn calc is your best option for workings out

Edited by - mkmattyk on 10/02/2012 18:58:57
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  19:00:46  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for hijacking ur post but is it the breeders responsibility or the owners to find out hets for a future breeding snake?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  15:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Sorry for hijacking ur post but is it the breeders responsibility or the owners to find out hets for a future breeding snake?

It's not really anybody's 'responsibility' as such, most breeders will advertise the snakes with hets as a lot of people who buy corns/snakes are attracted by what genes the snakes carry Personally I like to know what hets my snakes are carrying as I plan to breed most of them, so if I find an advert and it doesn't state any hets then I will ask what the parents were and I'll work it out myself

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  20:28:16  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
on the subject of hets. i had the same prob. then when i took my babies to the rep shop he told me of some one special i might be interested in. it turned out to be my male carolina stripe simon. het for anery amel and hypo. i got to admit the hets of my ghost are still not known. so with simon i am hoping for a nice clutch of suprises.

also too be honestmost corns have many hidden genes so i guess you will have summin nice come along anyway

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  20:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was once told corn snake breeding is like opening a box of chox u never know what u are going to get

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  21:00:34  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

i was once told corn snake breeding is like opening a box of chox u never know what u are going to get

but the difference is there is no dodgey coffee ones their all sweet strewberrys lol

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  21:01:46  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marc at the very least your ghost will be het for hypo and anery i like to ask about any known hets before i buy not because i definately plan to breed my snakes but its just nice to know if i did what itd be best to put them too.
I was up till 2am the other night playing on corncalculator after Gmac kindly pointed out why it wasnt working for me lmao

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  15:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

Not the case with corns at all, however I have heard that exact phrase used with crested geckos, as you literally never know what might pop out! You could pair two pinstripes together and get dalmations, it's totally random, however with corns if you put two stripes together you'll get stripes, it's as simple as that

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  15:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

Marc at the very least your ghost will be het for hypo and anery i like to ask about any known hets before i buy not because i definately plan to breed my snakes but its just nice to know if i did what itd be best to put them too.
I was up till 2am the other night playing on corncalculator after Gmac kindly pointed out why it wasnt working for me lmao

It won't bet HET hypo and anery as ghost is already hypo and anery
Most corns these days are carrying amel, anery or hypo, so you can pretty much guarantee that your ghost will be het for something, it's just a case of breeding it to find out what

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

quote:

Most corns these days are carrying amel, anery or hypo, so you can pretty much guarantee that your ghost will be het for something, it's just a case of breeding it to find out what

Sorry i shoulda rephrased what i meant was anery and hypo make ghost so those traits would be passed on even if nothing else was i really ought to refrain from posting at silly o clock in the morning lol

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  17:59:07  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by manda88

quote:

Sorry i shoulda rephrased what i meant was anery and hypo make ghost so those traits would be passed on even if nothing else was i really ought to refrain from posting at silly o clock in the morning lol

another member of the late night club. least im not alone

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:43:44  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bloody insomnias a nightmare sorry for getting muddled mate i knew what i meant pmsl

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  18:49:08  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats alright i knew what u was on about any way lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000