The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 amel cinder stripe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 17/11/2011 : 19:24:36
I really like the of these and i was wondering ehat genes i need to get this morpj. ive got a strip and an amel but whats the missing links and what stages in the beeding project gives you these gourgous snakes
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 19/11/2011 : 14:16:08
I forgot my stripe is het amel het anery
marc_sg Posted - 19/11/2011 : 13:46:01
I forgot my stripe is het amel het anery
eeji Posted - 18/11/2011 : 23:19:14
stripe x amel will give all normal het stripe and amel. If you breed one of these to your stripe you should get approx half normal het stripe ph amel and half stripe ph amel.

if you breed two of the normal het stripe and amel together it will be approx 9/16 normal ph stripe amel, 3/16 amel ph stripe, 3/16 stripe ph amel, 1/16 amel stripe
marc_sg Posted - 18/11/2011 : 17:33:48
when you say poss het amel, does that mean they will be normals, het stripe and ph amel
eeji Posted - 18/11/2011 : 13:34:23
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

Ok well ill have to breed my strip to amel then breed that back to the stripe then get a cinder

That will only give you possible het amels so you'd need to breed the babies to each other to recover both amel and stripe
marc_sg Posted - 17/11/2011 : 21:52:23
Ok well ill have to breed my strip to amel then breed that back to the stripe then get a cinder
vetdebbie Posted - 17/11/2011 : 21:32:16
Start with cinder to amel stripe - will be much easier,
marc_sg Posted - 17/11/2011 : 20:30:19
Yeah but i like a challenge lol. i like filling that it pays off at the end. just all the hatd work and effort. if it pays off ill be one happy boy lol
gmac Posted - 17/11/2011 : 20:23:05
amel to cinder gives you normals het amel cinder, if you pair that with the stripe you will get normals het stripe ph amel cinder. there is no guarantee you would get your snake from breeding that way.

you would have to breed your amel x cinder, then pair 2 ofspring and hope you get amel cinder from that, then take the amel cinder x stripe and you get normals het amel cinder stripe then breed 2 ofspring and hope you get an amel cinder stripe, but the odds from that are 1 in 64 chance per egg on that combo coming out.

Is best trying to get snakes with the genes you need rather than trying to produce these from single trait animals.
marc_sg Posted - 17/11/2011 : 20:13:25
By Stages i mean have i got to breed amel to cinder then breed the off spring to a strip then breed back again
gmac Posted - 17/11/2011 : 19:33:56
cinder :P

and not really sure what you mean by stages in breeding. You need to breed a pair of snakes with these genes to have a chance of producing one

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000