The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 So who's breeding what this coming season?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manda88 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 14:36:21
Just thought I'd be nosey and ask what everyone's breeding plans are for 2012!
I'm going to be proving out some poss hets with two of my 2010 corns, Kimiko my granite het charcoal poss het hypo amel lavender stripe

to Duende, my big fat hypo lavender poss het anery amel stripe

Hopefully all the lovin' will help him lose a bit of weight haha. He's on a diet anyway so he's looking a little slimmer bless him. If their poss hets don't prove out then at least all the babies will have super cool hets :)
I'm also going to be breeding Cedric, my 07 opal het hypo stripe

to Asha, my 09 ultramel anery het stripe

So fingers crossed for some amel stripes and ultramel stripes het anery lavender! Sweeeeet!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 21/01/2012 : 10:36:39
Seeing as the ultramel anery had a large mouse last night, i guess i am gonna be free from baby corns this year!! Might have some royal eggs on the way soon though.
sly Posted - 15/01/2012 : 17:48:19
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by sly

i only have the 1 project this year

amel het diffused,caramel x butter het diffused,motley

so should get

amel.
fires
butters
sulfur

cant wait my first breeding

are these unrelated? It would be great to see a new line of sulfurs, there doesn't seem to be many around with good diffusion

yeah they are unrelated and that my main goal with this pair great diffusion sulfurs are amazing
yola Posted - 11/01/2012 : 23:56:00
Well I have success tonight, I paired my RO boy to my snow a few days ago as she was showing intreast and iv now caught them mating.
I should see some more stunning babies, soooo cant wait.
Oh manda88 iv put pics up of our new ones (as promised ) we collected tonight, omg shes gorgeous.
eeji Posted - 11/01/2012 : 23:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by sly

so should get

amel
fires
butters
sulfur

are these unrelated? It would be great to see a new line of sulfurs, there doesn't seem to be many around with good diffusion
sly Posted - 11/01/2012 : 21:09:22

so should get

amel
fires
butters
sulfur

Mort13 Posted - 11/01/2012 : 14:19:06
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

You're very welcome, Yola! Graham is such a good guy, he offered to get me a platinum from Holland last year and searched the whole show for one bless him. Wow your anery/ghost is a big boy!

Ultramel anery motley, lovely! What's T+? I always get confused when people use T+ and T- haha, I know it's albino but I don't understand the plus and minus

Theres an explanation on this link (hope its ok to post it)

Its under the melanophores heading.

http://www.vmsherp.com/LCChromatophores.htm

I don't know about other snakes,but in Cape house snakes. The T- have a red pupil,whereas the T+ have a black pupil. There is also a difference in the colouration of both types,with the T- being brighter.
manda88 Posted - 10/01/2012 : 10:53:04
You're very welcome, Yola! Graham is such a good guy, he offered to get me a platinum from Holland last year and searched the whole show for one bless him. Wow your anery/ghost is a big boy!

Ultramel anery motley, lovely! What's T+? I always get confused when people use T+ and T- haha, I know it's albino but I don't understand the plus and minus
mikerichards Posted - 10/01/2012 : 08:41:57
My female ultramel anery motley is up to size, so shes been with the t+ for a while now, fingers crossed something weird and wonderful will come out like last year!
Thats the only pairing i am doing this year.
eeji Posted - 09/01/2012 : 21:59:42
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

anery x snow :) hope anery is het for amel :D so i will get anery het amels, snows and amels het anery :)

you'll not see amels from that pairing, just anery (and snow if the anery is het amel)
ScalySituation Posted - 09/01/2012 : 19:18:14
dont spose anyone in the trow (wilts) area is gonna have an amel stripe for me?
stotty01 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 18:40:15
anery x snow :) hope anery is het for amel :D so i will get anery het amels, snows and amels het anery :)
yola Posted - 09/01/2012 : 17:45:08
Ohhh il have to look into that , thank you hun, the butter boy is one Graham got for me from Holland last year, it was supposed to be a Creamcicle but im more than happy with him, as you can imagine he was fed live over there and thankfully he took prettie well to frozen over here.
I weighed mine today, never done it before, very intreasting lol, especially the babies from the same clutch, 18g,26g and 11g, the bigger ones have never missed a feed where as the little one is one that wouldnt take and I had to force feed it for ageeeees. And my heviest is my Anery/Goast (im leaning more towards the goast as he has quite alot of pinky lavendery tones), he weighs 741g and my big snow thats been on a first since we got her now weighs 630g her hips have now gone but she was mahosive, she looked more like a white Royal lol.
Will most definatly put pics up if I can remember how lol
manda88 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 12:21:09
Really sorry to hear about your blizzard If I were you I'd be tempted to put your male butter to your anery het lavender, you'll have normals het anery amel caramel and maybe a few surprises if there are any hidden hets then in a few year's time you could breed xanthic snows and there's not many of those about as far as I'm aware! Either that or go with your original plan of pairing her with your anery poss het lavender, and then you've got a chance of anery lavenders if he proves to be het lavender
Pics of your new purchases when you get them!
yola Posted - 08/01/2012 : 21:41:34
Hiya Manda88, iv had a change of plan too
Lost my Blizzard male/female last monday, it stoped eating 2 months ago, i seprated him as soon as he started refusing and he/she just wouldnt pick up , tryed everything and it even had a beautiful shed on the sunday before he passed, i was so upset. so very shocked at that.
So now got to sort out what male to put to my Anery het Lavender for max results, shes proven het for Lavender the other year throu a mistake mating with my old Creamcicle boy and she had 50/50 Anerys and Lavenders, unfortunatly a mistake on my part killed the whole clutch (beleave me ive not made any since lol).
Ive paired my RO to my big Snow girl as shes showing intreast in wanting mating. My male and female Butters will be paired togeather. Just trying to figer out my Anery pairing grrrrrrr.
Ohhhhhh im collecting my oh B-day present on Weds, a Gold Dust female to go with his Hypo x Gold Dust, and a pressent for myself a 07 Snow male proven Hypo, what do you reackon at the pairing with my Anery het Lavender?
hope you and all your snakeys are doing well

ScalySituation Posted - 06/01/2012 : 13:10:23
I want an amel stripe sooo bad :(
manda88 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 12:57:55
Change of plan! Kimiko the granite will be paired to Cedric the opal instead of Duende, because Cedric is and carries all of the morphs that Kimiko is poss het for, so he will let me know for sure what she is and isn't het for and then next year I can pair her to Duende the lavender, and because I'll then know what she's het for, I will be able to find out what Duende is het for too, if that all makes sense!!
I-love-my-snakes Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:00:27
I will have 4 pairings upcoming season:

1: Butter Motley x Lava het. Anery, ph. Charcoal, Caramel Diffused (for my Topaz Motley project).
2: Caramel Striped het. Amel x SK het. Amel (SK female will be tested for SG in 2013, all hatchies from this clutch will stay with me til I know about her SG status. Hopefully will be the basis for a SG tested Honey Striped line)
3: Caramel Striped het. Amel x Fire het. Caramel (for my Sulfur Striped project)
4: (with friend) Fire het. Striped ph. Anery, Charcoal, Hypo x Auratum het. Anery, Diffused, Striped (totally looking forward to that, chances of Toffee Avalanche Striped if we get really lucky)
gmac Posted - 20/11/2011 : 01:15:26
quote:
Originally posted by yola

If iv got some of the possibly outcomes wrong plz let me know as I struggle with that side of things as got dislexia and its really hard for me to sort of prosesse it all clearly =/
Anyway should be a good and intreasting year and sooo looking forward to it all again

Butter x butter will give you butters (your butter is caramel amel so not ph amel)
Snow x Blizzard, you would get amels (unless your snow is het charcoal and your blizzard is het anery, you wont get snows or Blizzards)

Good luck.

I have 4 pairs breeding this year and one poss royal pairing but not decided whats going with what yet :D
yola Posted - 20/11/2011 : 01:09:07
Im breeding next year, Butter to Butter ph Amel, so should get butter and possibley Amels. My dark Anery girl het lavender to my Anery ph lavender, should get lavenders and Anerys. Snow with my Blizzard boy, will hopefully get snows and blizzards. Blizzard to my Reverse okeette boy, not sure what il get from this but maybe high white Reverse okeettes, the dad has a pretty strong genes and I always end up with a full clutch of ROs.
If iv got some of the possibly outcomes wrong plz let me know as I struggle with that side of things as got dislexia and its really hard for me to sort of prosesse it all clearly =/
Anyway should be a good and intreasting year and sooo looking forward to it all again
Figs Posted - 19/11/2011 : 15:32:45
I was going to try putting Mew (ultramel anery het stripe) to Salem (snow stripe)....
but nooooo! Mew has decided to go for walkabouts

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000