The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 how many times???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
connorg96 Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:27:31
so i was just wondering, i bred my snakes last year twice but my female double clutched (it was there first time breeding) . i wasn't hoping for that to happen again so i know it does depend on the snakes but how many times do you think i should breed them??
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yola Posted - 26/10/2011 : 22:20:29
If you do breed them again just make sure after shes layed the first clutch you get her back upto good condition just incase she does have another clutch just to be on the safe side of things, if she doesn't have a second clutch then that a bonus really imo.
Good luck
connorg96 Posted - 26/10/2011 : 10:01:32
ok thanks alot ill definately only breed them once i really dont want her to double clutch again because she was really thin but she put the weight back on really quickly :)
yola Posted - 25/10/2011 : 22:01:19
Personly i would only breed them the once in one year (i only let mine mate the once), thing is you need to make sure that your girl is in tip top condition, it really takes so much outta them, and after the first clutch you need to get her into tip top condition again for the eventualality that she may double clutch, some snakes do some snakes dont but you never know tbh,if they arnt in tip top condition and/or they double cluth you risk losing your female, plus some females can store sperm, i had 3 do this this year and one was never mated, all my males and females are kept seprate unless i pair them for mating so i have no unexpected accidents.
Sorry for my spelling and jumbled words (iv got dislexia), so somtimes it comes out all wrong lol
eeji Posted - 24/10/2011 : 19:27:57
If you don't want your girl to double clutch then only breed her once. It won't guarantee that she won't but it could help reduce the chance. If she double clutches again next season give her a break from breeding the year after.
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:34:03
she can double-clutch from just one mating
some individuals seem prone to dropping a later clutch of eggs, like my anery motley, but others never do
gmac Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:33:44
Once a season is enough it takes enough out of the females and if they double clutch it takes more. Doesnt really matter what you hope doesnt happen it is what may happen and that must be taken into account.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000