The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 What male would you choose?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyj Posted - 14/07/2011 : 00:01:54
Hi All,

We have two female corns: an Amel Motley and an Anery. I was reliably informed that they are both het snow motley and therefore the Amel is het anery and the Anery is het for amel and motley.

Now this is a speculative question: what type of male would you introduce to these females that may produce the most diverse/interesting offspring. I'm sure that there are various possibilities/permutations but I would really appreciate your views.

Let me reassure you that I am not about to go off on an ill conceived breeding frenzy! Our females (technically they belong to my sons!) are only just over a year old and I know of the 3x3x3 recommendation. I've found the snakes both fascinating and maybe a little addictive and I'm considering getting one for myself. If I do then I thought a male would be a good choice and would allow for breeding later if (and only if) I have the capability and capacity to manage the offspring and decide to go down that route.

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Regards

Andy
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andyj Posted - 14/07/2011 : 22:10:43
Thanks for the replies everyone - especially Mike as he provided our two snakes in the first place :)
mikerichards Posted - 14/07/2011 : 16:12:06
as far as i know, they are only het for snow motley. If you get a snow motley, you will get more snows than anything else in the clutch, if you get a normal het for all 3, then you will have a nice bit of variation in the clutch.
gingerpony Posted - 14/07/2011 : 12:58:22
i'd go for snow motley/stripe unless you want to prove out any suspected or possible hets?
oakleyman18 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 09:36:46
A Snow Motley Male would be your best bet I'd imagine.
gmac Posted - 14/07/2011 : 00:06:45
best option for breeding morphs is anything with those genes in, anything with anery amel and motley.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000