Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andyj
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  00:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

We have two female corns: an Amel Motley and an Anery. I was reliably informed that they are both het snow motley and therefore the Amel is het anery and the Anery is het for amel and motley.

Now this is a speculative question: what type of male would you introduce to these females that may produce the most diverse/interesting offspring. I'm sure that there are various possibilities/permutations but I would really appreciate your views.

Let me reassure you that I am not about to go off on an ill conceived breeding frenzy! Our females (technically they belong to my sons!) are only just over a year old and I know of the 3x3x3 recommendation. I've found the snakes both fascinating and maybe a little addictive and I'm considering getting one for myself. If I do then I thought a male would be a good choice and would allow for breeding later if (and only if) I have the capability and capacity to manage the offspring and decide to go down that route.

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Regards

Andy

0.1.0 Anery - Shadow
0.1.0 Amel Motley - Blaze
0.1.0 Wife
2.0.0 Kids

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  00:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best option for breeding morphs is anything with those genes in, anything with anery amel and motley.

Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  09:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Snow Motley Male would be your best bet I'd imagine.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  12:58:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd go for snow motley/stripe unless you want to prove out any suspected or possible hets?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as far as i know, they are only het for snow motley. If you get a snow motley, you will get more snows than anything else in the clutch, if you get a normal het for all 3, then you will have a nice bit of variation in the clutch.

Go to Top of Page

andyj
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  22:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone - especially Mike as he provided our two snakes in the first place :)

0.1.0 Anery - Shadow
0.1.0 Amel Motley - Blaze
0.1.0 Wife
2.0.0 Kids
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000