The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Incubator glitch - Temps affected!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 24/06/2011 : 16:28:00
Hi everyone! My probe for my incubator setup came loose this morning, and the temp of the floor got to 42C for about two hours before i realised, although ambient probably wasnt that high... I am really worried about what affect this may have had on the eggs, and there is a small dimple or dent in an egg which definitely wasnt there before. Eggs are due in a weeks time. what do you all think the chances are?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 26/06/2011 : 00:55:07
do you know how hot the eggs got?? anything over 33 degrees for a very short space of time will kill them, you may be lucky as with a week to go they will be formed and may be able to deal with the temp spike, fingers crossed for you.
QueenVic Posted - 25/06/2011 : 15:38:23
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

some people mess with the temps to create funky patterns but not with just a week to go lol

What?? :o
gingerpony Posted - 25/06/2011 : 07:29:33
some people mess with the temps to create funky patterns but not with just a week to go lol
i'd put the dimpling down to imminent hatching too and tbh there's not a lot you can do except sit and wait really.........
hopefully the temp spike won't have affected them, especially as you noticed it so soon
stotty01 Posted - 24/06/2011 : 21:48:21
if there due in a week and there is a dimple might be hatching soon :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000