Incubator glitch - Temps affected!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  16:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! My probe for my incubator setup came loose this morning, and the temp of the floor got to 42C for about two hours before i realised, although ambient probably wasnt that high... I am really worried about what affect this may have had on the eggs, and there is a small dimple or dent in an egg which definitely wasnt there before. Eggs are due in a weeks time. what do you all think the chances are?

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2011 :  21:48:21  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if there due in a week and there is a dimple might be hatching soon :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  07:29:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
some people mess with the temps to create funky patterns but not with just a week to go lol
i'd put the dimpling down to imminent hatching too and tbh there's not a lot you can do except sit and wait really.........
hopefully the temp spike won't have affected them, especially as you noticed it so soon

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  15:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

some people mess with the temps to create funky patterns but not with just a week to go lol

What?? :o

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  00:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you know how hot the eggs got?? anything over 33 degrees for a very short space of time will kill them, you may be lucky as with a week to go they will be formed and may be able to deal with the temp spike, fingers crossed for you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000