The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Transporting eggs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 20:39:17
Hey everyone,

I am having to move out of my current accomodation in just over a weeks time, and my eggs haven't hatched yet. I am expecting them to come out in about 3 weeks, so should be MOSTLY developed. I want to ask is it safe to transport them, say in a car? or should i really try and find a place locally where I can leave them until they hatch, then transport? Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 16/06/2011 : 10:32:41
hhhhhmmmmmmm towards the end of the incubation period it's pretty important not to move them and i suppose that includes jiggling them around on a car journey
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/06/2011 : 21:50:05
How far do you have to travel??
To be honest it's a hard one to call and it totally depends on how the eggs are positioned as well.
If they are half buried in a vermi/perli base so are nice and supported and not likely to roll, then it would then depend on the length of the car journey and how bumpy they could get.
It's keeping them stable that would be the greatest issue, keeping them at the right temp is easy.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000