New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  20:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

I am having to move out of my current accomodation in just over a weeks time, and my eggs haven't hatched yet. I am expecting them to come out in about 3 weeks, so should be MOSTLY developed. I want to ask is it safe to transport them, say in a car? or should i really try and find a place locally where I can leave them until they hatch, then transport? Thanks!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  21:50:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How far do you have to travel??
To be honest it's a hard one to call and it totally depends on how the eggs are positioned as well.
If they are half buried in a vermi/perli base so are nice and supported and not likely to roll, then it would then depend on the length of the car journey and how bumpy they could get.
It's keeping them stable that would be the greatest issue, keeping them at the right temp is easy.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  10:32:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hhhhhmmmmmmm towards the end of the incubation period it's pretty important not to move them and i suppose that includes jiggling them around on a car journey

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000