The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 what should i do?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cammy Posted - 07/02/2011 : 13:49:47
hi i have 2 corns male and female normals and they are starting to breed in about 4 to 5 week what should i do if the female lays eggs and how do i keep the eggs alive.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 10/02/2011 : 09:45:36
Cammy, you could post in the classifieds on here if you seriously want to sell her.
cammy Posted - 09/02/2011 : 19:49:37
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I take my hat off to you cammy, you come across as being very mature. Well done.

thanks red i am still trying to sell my female lolz
cammy Posted - 09/02/2011 : 19:48:26
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

you'll soon get used to Mikes replies, he just says it like it is with no added polish or b-s

ye i no lolz
eeji Posted - 09/02/2011 : 19:30:27
you'll soon get used to Mikes replies, he just says it like it is with no added polish or b-s
Red123 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 18:55:07
I take my hat off to you cammy, you come across as being very mature. Well done.
cammy Posted - 09/02/2011 : 18:34:54
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

So im guessing you have split them up now then?

ye i have i did it last night
Invalid User Posted - 09/02/2011 : 17:11:25
So im guessing you have split them up now then?
cammy Posted - 09/02/2011 : 16:25:50
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

your quite right cammy. mike, sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick but im sure you can see my point of view. lets just forget about it, the point is, one way or another, cammy got the advice he needed. SORTED. :)

yes i did so just drop it ok thanks for the help and i was only asking what if they do breed eggs and what should i do i didnt want to keep them lolz any way thanks
Benji54 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 15:19:54
your quite right cammy. mike, sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick but im sure you can see my point of view. lets just forget about it, the point is, one way or another, cammy got the advice he needed. SORTED. :)
cammy Posted - 09/02/2011 : 14:58:16
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

quote:

I didnt rip anyones head off, completely the opposite. Its no good telling someone not to do something if you dont know why they shouldnt do it!!

for a start, i couldnt disagree more. you dont have to know WHY something is bad, wrong or ill advised to know that it is.

secondly, in this instance, i do know why i advised against it, because breeding can present problems that people new to snake keeping would not be prepared for. i dont know exactly what these problems are, so i practice what i preach and dont breed snakes!

your advice is nearly always 100% accurate and generally good, but you might find that if you presented it in a friendlier fashion, like louise for example, people would be much more willing to take it on board as opposed to disregarding it as just being a telling off. there is no need to talk to anyone , least of all me, the way that you do sometimes. its just aggressive mate, we all respect your opinions, they dont need to be driven home quite so hard.

To be honest, if you think i was being rude, then you are mistaken.
By post was blunt, not rude, and sometimes its the only way to make people listen, and understand.
When i first signed up here, i whinged at someone for being blunt with someone, now i completely understand, and when you have answered the same questions day in day out, knowing full well that there are plenty of posts on the subject, you will find it tedious too, especially when you wrote half of them.

I didnt say anything to you that was rude, if you took it that way then i am sorry, because it wasnt meant to be.

hey wot are u 2 fighting about there is no need
mikerichards Posted - 09/02/2011 : 14:10:44
quote:

quote:

I didnt rip anyones head off, completely the opposite. Its no good telling someone not to do something if you dont know why they shouldnt do it!!

for a start, i couldnt disagree more. you dont have to know WHY something is bad, wrong or ill advised to know that it is.

secondly, in this instance, i do know why i advised against it, because breeding can present problems that people new to snake keeping would not be prepared for. i dont know exactly what these problems are, so i practice what i preach and dont breed snakes!

your advice is nearly always 100% accurate and generally good, but you might find that if you presented it in a friendlier fashion, like louise for example, people would be much more willing to take it on board as opposed to disregarding it as just being a telling off. there is no need to talk to anyone , least of all me, the way that you do sometimes. its just aggressive mate, we all respect your opinions, they dont need to be driven home quite so hard.

To be honest, if you think i was being rude, then you are mistaken.
By post was blunt, not rude, and sometimes its the only way to make people listen, and understand.
When i first signed up here, i whinged at someone for being blunt with someone, now i completely understand, and when you have answered the same questions day in day out, knowing full well that there are plenty of posts on the subject, you will find it tedious too, especially when you wrote half of them.

I didnt say anything to you that was rude, if you took it that way then i am sorry, because it wasnt meant to be.
Benji54 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 12:07:55
quote:

mikerichards Posted - 08/02/2011 : 18:26:36
cammy Posted - 08/02/2011 : 16:55:15
quote:

in fairness Mike i think i also pointed out that it was best left to more experienced people and that slight complications can cause big problems. admittedly i didnt go into detail, not because i dont care but 'cause i dont know enough about to give the kind of advice you did. we are all trying to help and NO ONE said to keep the eggs or that cammy was ready to breed em, i just tried to be a tad...softer (?) as cammy is new to here and snake keeping and i dint wanna tear his head off :)

thanks very much
Benji54 Posted - 08/02/2011 : 16:27:15
in fairness Mike i think i also pointed out that it was best left to more experienced people and that slight complications can cause big problems. admittedly i didnt go into detail, not because i dont care but 'cause i dont know enough about to give the kind of advice you did. we are all trying to help and NO ONE said to keep the eggs or that cammy was ready to breed em, i just tried to be a tad...softer (?) as cammy is new to here and snake keeping and i dint wanna tear his head off :)
cammy Posted - 08/02/2011 : 08:25:04
thanks for everybodys help.
im new to this as you know, and all the comments are always welcome
Katie.Dublin Posted - 08/02/2011 : 08:01:04
Ah no worries, nothing important anyways. I'll get you on facebook later. Unless I got added by a completely different Mike :p
mikerichards Posted - 08/02/2011 : 00:02:17
I havent had an email from you no. my email in my profile should work, although you wont be the first that has tried and failed! something weird with my email i think.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/02/2011 : 23:38:02
Well said all round Mike! did i just send you an email there by the way? i dont think it worked..
mikerichards Posted - 07/02/2011 : 23:33:39
quote:
Originally posted by cammy

ive decided it too much like hard work ..ive got the snakes i wanted i need to learn how to keep these first before tackling eggs lol..will they be of any use to anyone else at all?

then get them separated, having eggs is not a choice you make, unless you separate them.
You cant put the male off, give it a few years and you will understand.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000