The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggs...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
taz666 Posted - 05/07/2010 : 19:40:22
How do I know if the eggs are fertile and will actually hatch? The ones I have are growing and have doubled in size since they were laid, does this mean they are definitely fertile? They're a dirty white colour... but it seems to me that normal healthy eggs are brilliant white in colour? Hmm...
Ta,
Taz xx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
taz666 Posted - 26/07/2010 : 14:29:00
yeah, well I suppose I'll just have to learn to be more patient and wait til they hatch... they look okay so i'll just be optimistic :) thanks guys
KITTYCAT Posted - 26/07/2010 : 07:01:36
mine hatched at 71 days. i would just be patient i have heard of some taking up to 90 days.
Sta~ple Posted - 25/07/2010 : 15:15:55
Is there any chance of pictures? I wouldn't cut them open, it may either kill the snakie or they could have died many weeks ago.
taz666 Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:55:39
Hmmm, they still haven't hatched. Don't know if I'm being impatient, but I'm sure they should have hatched by now :( I heard about cutting them open.. Is this not advisable for a novice? What should I do if they don't hatch soon? Sorry for being a pain with all the questions...
Taz
taz666 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:38:47
haha I'll try not to, lol. They're still growing though, and getting darker, more patchy.. so I'll just hope everything goes well! I hope they're just taking their time, and nothings wrong :s haha, I'm such a worrier! lol x
Sta~ple Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:33:00
I'm sure they are fine :) Mine were always a tiny bit shrivelled so that is probably why. Or the snakes could have died before they were ready to hatch who knows.

If that was the case, At least one would have got out even if the humidity wasn't right. Don't panick.
taz666 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 12:49:19
What woulod not be right? I can't seem to get the humidity far above 90%. They haven't shrivelled so I figured they were fine... Would this damage the eggs at all? What is the humidity at when they can't get out? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm panisking slightly now... Could it be that the humidity isn't high enough, and they're trying to get out now?! :(
Sta~ple Posted - 20/07/2010 : 10:59:41
Sometimes if the humidity isn't right, they can break their egg tooth while trying to spilt the egg and then they can't get out. I wouldn't try it though, I have only hard people doing this after 48hours since the first one hatched.
taz666 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 21:53:11
yeah, the shadows are similar to that. What do you mean by cutting them open? Is that because the snake can't get out?
Sta~ple Posted - 18/07/2010 : 21:49:12
1 died a week later.. it was the first to shed, one of the first out the egg, looked all good. It was fine in the morning and it just quickly went down hill and died in the evening...no idea why. The rest I did sell, I didn't want to but I didn't have the room to keep the all when they were adults :(

My girl laid a lot of egg but for some reason or another, alot were infirtle but I couldn't move them as they were stuck together or some of the healthy eggs just did not hatch... I feel a bit bad and I feel that I should have cut some of the eggs open after 48 when the first one hatched :(

this is the shadowing I got.

taz666 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 21:32:47
awww cute! Sure! :) I love seeing little baby snakies, can't wait to have some of my own! Did you sell the other 5? I think, if everything goes smoothly, I'll keep em all, I'll have to MAKE room lol :)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/07/2010 : 21:20:39
Yes, the left most and the right most are 2 of 7 that hatched, the middle ones are their parents. If you want I have some picture of my eggs while one of the were hatching that I could put up?
taz666 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 20:18:44
haha yeah, I didn't notice myself until a friend came round and said they'd doubled in size, and I thought hey, they have! Are the pics of snakies in your sig from those eggs? :)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/07/2010 : 17:27:14
Same. I wish I paid more attention to my eggs to see if they grew!
taz666 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 17:19:00
mine haven't shrivelled yet, but they are starting to go transparent, should be some time soon then! Hope so :) I didn't think eggs could grow either! But apparently so! I don't get how it works?
Sta~ple Posted - 18/07/2010 : 16:32:36
I never knew the eggs could grow, learn something new everyday on here :)

Yes, mine shrivelled and went very transparent a few days before, I nearly chucked them away >.<
taz666 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 10:25:48
okay, thanks, thanks, that's comforting :) I looked on the net and it said that they shrivel slightly a few days before they hatch.. Is this true? Thanks again for your time
mikerichards Posted - 18/07/2010 : 08:52:47
They are fertile, if they are growing then its good.
A lot of my eggs are overdue this year anyway, all by about 4 or 5 days.
There is never any guarantee that eggs will hatch, but, you chances are very good.
taz666 Posted - 17/07/2010 : 13:24:35
The eggs to me look okay, they're still growing, so that's got to be a good sign, right? They've still got speckles, and some have dark patches on, they look kinda transparent still, and none are caved in...
If they're growing, does that mean they're definitely alive, or is there stilla possibility that they won't hatch?
mikerichards Posted - 17/07/2010 : 11:51:04
At 27 degrees I would expect about 60 days, however, that is not set in stone. There are a lot of factors that have an influence that we can control, so patience is key.
You will know very quickly if an egg dies, a couple of mine that died went almost luminous green, then brown, all in a matter of hours! Handling wise, avoid it really, you can, but I wouldn't, atleast until they have fed.
Hatching, some come out of their egg in minutes, some hours and some days, it depends how much yolk they have and how safe they feel.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000