The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sphagnum!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:07:27
For one thing, what a tremendously excellent word: Sphagnum.
Also! I ordered a bag of it on eBay to make a humid hide for Ruby. It arrived today and, much to my surprise, it looks like it's just been freshly hand-picked from the side of a hill! It's really lovely stuff, but I'm a bit concerned about using it as it's from outside. I've taken a handful and poured boiling water through it in an attempt to kill anything which might still be crawling around in there. Will this be enough to make is safe to use in the hide or do I need to do anything extra? Thanks, as always!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:49:32
All of my chicken/pork chops are in them as well. I giggle every time I open the freezer *facepalm*
Blackecho Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:41:01
lol - cute
n/a Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:33:26
Even better! I'm sat bagging the stuff up as we speak, good thing I keep freezer bags around. Unfortunately, ASDA were out of the ones I usually get and sent me these instead :P

Blackecho Posted - 01/06/2010 : 12:53:20
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

just went looking for this link http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1766 but the photo's have been removed.

the beauty of the moss it acts like a sponge even when it has been dryed, boiled or frozen.

if you are concerned about beasties try to follow the above link. any issues ask away

Apologies, it got archived, re-posted here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9902
n/a Posted - 01/06/2010 : 12:33:38
Ah ha, that is brilliant! Thank you both ever so much :D
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:43:32
I think a few run throughs with the hot water should do the trick! Its what I do when I do they Pythons damp hide and its always been bug free!
sexychef Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:43:27
just went looking for this link http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1766 but the photo's have been removed.

the beauty of the moss it acts like a sponge even when it has been dryed, boiled or frozen.

if you are concerned about beasties try to follow the above link. any issues ask away

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000