The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stotty01 Posted - 31/05/2010 : 12:48:19
medusa is still a bit cautious of coming out, shall i put my school tie in the viv??? i havnt worn it in a couple of days as of the holidays but still, shall i?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:47:20
To be honest Alex, it is still really early days....you have not even had Medusa a week yet! Think you may be expecting a bit much of her ....

She will still be quite scared and cautious for a while until she feels safe with you and not under threat. How long that may take....who knows. A lot will depend on how you are handling her, but as long as you are being gentle and not keeping her out for too long then she should gain in confidence slowly. Just give her time .

You could try putting a small piece of clothing that has your smell in it into her viv, some have done it and some havent. She will be getting used to your smell as it will be coming into her viv every day when you change the water and, as HannahB said, if you fiddle with the substrate it means you leave your scent in her viv. It is up to you.

Take it slow though Alex....she is only little and you are HUGE !!

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 01/06/2010 : 09:38:35
I used an old sock with Sid. I just tucked it in my top for a day then put it in with him, under his log. It's still there and he lays on it every time he goes under his log, bless him.
HannahB Posted - 31/05/2010 : 23:15:34
you can do - i know some people dont and their snake settles in just fine, others on here sometimes mess about with the substrate so that their scent is inside the viv and theres nothing new added to it (if that makes sense!) either works well but time for adjustment does vary between snakes..most of mine settled in ok without clothing being needed (i did with mont my first but didnt think it changed much as to whether he got used me faster or anything,) although i did put a tshirt of mine over the fauns when i got the others but that was mainly to keep a bit more heat in at night

Mozacchio - some relatively new members find it easier to start a new thread which will get read than add a new question to an old thread that a) might not get read and b) might not be related to the original thread topic
DannyBrown91 Posted - 31/05/2010 : 13:20:13
You could do but either way she will get used to you eventually, it just takes aslong as it takes.
mozacchio Posted - 31/05/2010 : 12:50:37
Yes you could. It's better if you put something yours in the viv so she gets used to your scent.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000