The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 what watt heat matt should i use

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misspiggy18 Posted - 23/05/2010 : 00:06:08
hi
ive have now decided to buy a fish tank as a viv till i can afford a proper viv
i am going to use heat mats instead of a heat lamp as the snake will be in my room but im not sure what wattage heat mat to use any ideas
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
misspiggy18 Posted - 23/05/2010 : 10:20:28
little mick ive now decided to go with a fish tanknow and i will use k's guide as well thanks
LittleMick Posted - 23/05/2010 : 02:26:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I shall re-post an old paint pic I made about 50 years ago to give a rough idea of what I mean as well.

Only 50 years ago? Lol.

misspiggy18 - I saw your other post about what you need for a faunarium
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9736
Are you actually planning on getting a faun, or are you now getting a fish tank? If you go for the faun, then you should get away with a 11" x 6" 7w mat. If you are going for a fish tank then go by K's guide above.
As your questions are pre set up questions you may want to consider posting all your questions in one post so you can keep track of them more easier , this is what I did, and then the helpful members highlighted their answers in red or green so then it was easy for me to get all the info I needed. Here is my original post about a buying list before I got my Corn
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5799

There is also a link to my original pre buying advice, loads of questions were asked and I got loads of answers.
Hope this helps
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/05/2010 : 00:59:28
Most are usually about 7 watts, but the wattage doesn't really make a great deal of odds, it's the size of the mat.
It needs to cover about 1/3rd of the viv floor, I shall re-post an old paint pic I made about 50 years ago to give a rough idea of what I mean as well.
Also make sure it's got a thermostat attached (either pulse prop or mat-stat) as it'll stop it overheating and save a couple quids a year on electricity.

n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 00:58:46
The wattage of the heat mat does not matter.

As long as you get a mat that is one third to a half the size of the tanks floor space you will be perfectly alright.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000