The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Been waiting a While for a shed...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lr2188uk Posted - 19/05/2010 : 16:33:14
Alright guys, havent been on for a while, things are going great with Belboy and he's now eating 2 pinky mice instead of one!

However, Last friday I noticed his eyes has clouded over and he went very grey, I assumed he was shedding and left him to it, after 2-3 days his eyes went clear and I knew he was about to shed.

I believe that was about 8-10 days ago,he normally sheds in 3-4, he hasn't eaten in about 10 days now and he does seem a a bit lethargic.

Temp reading at the hot end of the tank is between 27 and 29.5, but he has been in the cold end, under his hide for ages now, I don't remember the last time I saw him out and about.

Any ideas what to do? Should I feed him? Handle him?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 21/05/2010 : 03:57:54
So glad things are going so well with Belboy Lee. I wouldnt think that you have anything to worry about at the moment. I had a bizarre situation with Kellog over Christmas where he went 'blue', cleared up but didnt shed, then went 'blue' again, cleared up and finally shed nearly 2 weeks after he originally showed signs. These corns like to worry us !

Have you lifted his hide up and checked him out? If his eyes are still clear it might be worth handling him a little bit just to see if you can encourage some movement out of him. He probably is coming out and about, just at night when you are fast asleep!

You can try and do what Danny has suggested, but I wouldnt worry too much....corns can go ages without feeding as it is not an issue.

Has he pooed recently? Any way of telling if he is drinking?

I doubt it is anything to worry about, he is just taking his time over this shed.....

Let us know how it goes over the next few days and hopefully you will be back to tell us that you have come down in the morning to find a nice shed and a beautiful shiny Belboy....looking very happy with himself!

xxx
KITTYCAT Posted - 20/05/2010 : 07:51:54
Yeh he should shed in the next few days
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/05/2010 : 21:32:37
quote:
Originally posted by lr2188uk

Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section! Sorry Mods.

*slaps with a trout*
mozacchio Posted - 19/05/2010 : 17:37:24
Danny is right. Mine shed after 9-10 days as well. I started to worry the last time but i realized everything was ok. Don't worry. Just wait a little more!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/05/2010 : 16:52:03
You could try to feed him, but wouldn't give him his usual amount as his skin won't have its usual elasticity if he is due to shed. Maybe try him with one pinkie and see if he takes it. Shouldn't be long before he sheds now though, one of mine has gone around 9 days after the eyes clearing before then shedding.
lr2188uk Posted - 19/05/2010 : 16:40:51
Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section! Sorry Mods.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000