New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lr2188uk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright guys, havent been on for a while, things are going great with Belboy and he's now eating 2 pinky mice instead of one!

However, Last friday I noticed his eyes has clouded over and he went very grey, I assumed he was shedding and left him to it, after 2-3 days his eyes went clear and I knew he was about to shed.

I believe that was about 8-10 days ago,he normally sheds in 3-4, he hasn't eaten in about 10 days now and he does seem a a bit lethargic.

Temp reading at the hot end of the tank is between 27 and 29.5, but he has been in the cold end, under his hide for ages now, I don't remember the last time I saw him out and about.

Any ideas what to do? Should I feed him? Handle him?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 19/05/2010 21:32:16

lr2188uk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section! Sorry Mods.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could try to feed him, but wouldn't give him his usual amount as his skin won't have its usual elasticity if he is due to shed. Maybe try him with one pinkie and see if he takes it. Shouldn't be long before he sheds now though, one of mine has gone around 9 days after the eyes clearing before then shedding.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  17:37:24  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Danny is right. Mine shed after 9-10 days as well. I started to worry the last time but i realized everything was ok. Don't worry. Just wait a little more!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  21:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lr2188uk

Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section! Sorry Mods.

*slaps with a trout*

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  07:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh he should shed in the next few days

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  03:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad things are going so well with Belboy Lee. I wouldnt think that you have anything to worry about at the moment. I had a bizarre situation with Kellog over Christmas where he went 'blue', cleared up but didnt shed, then went 'blue' again, cleared up and finally shed nearly 2 weeks after he originally showed signs. These corns like to worry us !

Have you lifted his hide up and checked him out? If his eyes are still clear it might be worth handling him a little bit just to see if you can encourage some movement out of him. He probably is coming out and about, just at night when you are fast asleep!

You can try and do what Danny has suggested, but I wouldnt worry too much....corns can go ages without feeding as it is not an issue.

Has he pooed recently? Any way of telling if he is drinking?

I doubt it is anything to worry about, he is just taking his time over this shed.....

Let us know how it goes over the next few days and hopefully you will be back to tell us that you have come down in the morning to find a nice shed and a beautiful shiny Belboy....looking very happy with himself!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000