The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Cleaning Products??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tatsie-j Posted - 17/05/2010 : 16:20:35
just got a 2nd hand viv want 2 give it a really good clean what should i use?? whats safe n whats not? can i use antibactiral spray??
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 10/06/2010 : 03:10:03
I use something called Tamodine (I think, but my memory is awful ). It is supposedly reptile friendly and was sold by a reptile dealer. Also lots of hot water and scrubbing!

This thread may be of some help as it has been discussed before - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5921

xxx
amanda121921 Posted - 09/06/2010 : 22:10:50
i use a reptile disinfectant but the guy i bought my snakes from said it was ok to use a mild bleach solution as long as you rinse it well. to be honest tho, it's probably best to stick with something made for reptiles just to be on the safe side
n/a Posted - 09/06/2010 : 09:23:54
i have been soaking hides and water bowls in a weakish solution of bleach, and then soaking them in fresh hot water before using. is this okay? sorry to hijack thread

dee x x x x
Blackecho Posted - 17/05/2010 : 18:31:26
Some household disinfectants (such as Dettol) can be highly toxic to reptiles as they contain phenols. I use BeaClean for Reptiles.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 18:20:45
I just use hot water and a sponge with the green scrubber thing on for the water bowls. Could do with getting something for it really so nice one matty.
matty18714 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 18:03:48
I use tesco sterilizing fluid, its for doing babys bottles. I use that for water bowls and rocks etc and reptile spray disinfectant for the viv and other bits and pieces.

Dont use glass cleaners or kitchen surface cleaners.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 17:58:58
We have a zoo med reptile dissinfectant spray.

but i have also heard that weak dissinfectants and things that are safe to use with babies are reptile safe, but like newsnakekeeper i'm still fairly new to snake keeping so would wait for someone who has a little more experience to confirm it.
Sta~ple Posted - 17/05/2010 : 17:51:47
I use washing up liquid and make it all bubbly and warm water >>; should probably start using some special stuff though.
newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/05/2010 : 16:53:09
To be honest i wouldnt chance it i would rather use somthing that is produced for the cleaing of reptile viv. If you have a look in the care sheet there mayb something there that will tell you what is suitable or click on the search button at top right hand side of screen. Some one with bit more experiance mayb be able to tell you if it any good, as i not been keeping snakes that long
Tatsie-j Posted - 17/05/2010 : 16:32:52
yeah that is helpful [:-)] thanx! think i read some if its safe 4 baby produts its snake safe so could i use milton sterilser fluid does anyone know??
newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/05/2010 : 16:27:51
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

just got a 2nd hand viv want 2 give it a really good clean what should i use?? whats safe n whats not? can i use antibactiral spray??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cascade-Reptile-Vivarium-Disinfectant-500ml-Cleaner-/270544399751?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item3efdb3ed87 if you click on this link you will see the what is safe to use for cleaing your viv out for your reptiles. You need to be careful what you use as you risk harming your reptiels. Hope this helps you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000