The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hatchling first strike feed.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 04/05/2010 : 23:07:27
The mardy little hatchling was striking at me like he normally does so I though I would try wiggling his food to try and get him to eat again, last time this didn't work although he has eaten once before and I didn't wiggle his food.

However this time... he took it clean off the forceps, tried to drag the mouse up back to the hand which I was holding him in so popped in his container and he started to eat with his head upside down.

It's amazing to see a little one strike and constrict around it's food since they are so tiny!

Sorry that I keep bombing you with my stories, I can't help it, it was so exciting!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 05/05/2010 : 23:22:48
hoepfully will be 6/6 so good luck...

glad its 5/6 thou thats better than before :D slowely gettin better :D
Sta~ple Posted - 05/05/2010 : 17:08:44
I was tempted to take pictures but it would mean I would have to reach over him to get my phone and I didn't want to spook him :( Next time I will be prepared!
Kellog Posted - 05/05/2010 : 10:57:08
I am so pleased for you Sta~ple! I know how stressful it has been for you having these non-feeders and having some feed and then not feed....so to have this one feed so brilliantly is amazing !! I am not surprised you want to share it with all of us and I am glad you do, I know that I always want to hear how your babies are doing.

Dont suppose you got any pics or were you too much in shock ?!!

You will get your 6/6....you have slowly got this far, you will get that last one there as well...

xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 05/05/2010 : 06:46:35
This was it's second meal ever since it was born like 2 months ago though ^^ and one of the non-feeders is now a feder so that's 5/6 of them eating. I don't thik they could make me happier apart from 6/6 of them eating.
crazy JJ Posted - 05/05/2010 : 00:15:19
awww congrats i know how you feel i love watching them constrict a couple of my hatchlings did and dime did when she was young it was great (althou she still does to her it has to be 'dead' lol)
jamie6125 Posted - 04/05/2010 : 23:57:06
sounds great im a new keeper im due to do my first feed saturday cant wait

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000