The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 were would a corn snake hide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/04/2010 : 16:39:16
just gone to get my corn snake out and its gone do not know how the top of the tank fits soild on top no gaps but it has gone was in there this morning but not no more so were would the snake hide if it got out any ideas
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/05/2010 : 18:25:15
Glad to know the little one's back and safe - even if he did try and take chunks out of you at the time at least you know he's safe now!
n/a Posted - 04/05/2010 : 14:02:47
Really pleased you've found him safe & well . The feeling of relief is indescribable isn't it?
I'm sure he'll be no worse for his ordeal - just give him time to settle back in.
n/a Posted - 03/05/2010 : 11:53:59
never found out how he got out but it deffo will not get out now lol tanks sealed now only the top glass slides out now no gaps
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/05/2010 : 21:33:56
We found my sisters milk snake under the fridge this afternoon after not even knowing that it had gotten out.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 02/05/2010 : 20:56:50
So pleased you found your snake
paula houghton Posted - 02/05/2010 : 11:57:45
really glad to hear u found ur snake, did u ever workout how he got out of his viv!!! :)
Sta~ple Posted - 02/05/2010 : 11:00:52
I'm so glad you found your little snakie
kdlang Posted - 02/05/2010 : 10:52:19
Phew what a relief he has turned up. Well done for having such eagle eyes.
HannahB Posted - 02/05/2010 : 10:23:22
well done on finding it!!
give him a day or two to settle back down and then maybe offer a small meal - smaller than what he was on before to start with and then work back up to normal sized meals
Kellog Posted - 02/05/2010 : 04:51:00
quote:
Originally posted by neilkath

just to let you all know snake returned tonight watching tv and out the corner of my eye sean something more across the floor to under the shoes by the fire and i made a dive for it and grabed it was not happy at being picked up was having a go at me trying to bite me lol must have been hungery its been 12 days with out food a big thanks for all your input on how to catch it cheers

That is fantastic news Neil....I am so pleased for you !! And so glad your sharp eye caught that slight movement and you moved quick enough to grab it ! Considering how small and fast it is I cant believe you managed to get hold and keep hold! And I am sure you didnt care, even if it had bit you....at least it is home safe and sound!

I know it has been 12 days without food but I would suggest that you leave it for a few days to settle back into its tank before you feed it. It is going to be stressed from its ordeal and will need time to feel safe and secure and realise it is back where it belongs, so you dont want to feed it and risk it regurging while it is still scared.

Just remember that you will be back to the beginning again with regards to handling it....give it a settling in period, feed it, wait 48 hrs and then start all over again with the handling - quality, not quantity and just be very slow, calm and confident (if you dont feel confident - then fake it!). It has been through an ordeal, but you will be surprised at how quickly it will recover - corns are a lot hardier than we give them credit for!

There is never any need for thanks on this forum Neil, that is what it is here for....to help those who need it and to make friends and have lots of fun ! I cant wait to see pics of it once it has fully settled in again.

By the way....any ideas for a name yet? I think Houdini suits it!

xxx
n/a Posted - 01/05/2010 : 23:05:27
just to let you all know snake returned tonight watching tv and out the corner of my eye sean something more across the floor to under the shoes by the fire and i made a dive for it and grabed it was not happy at being picked up was having a go at me trying to bite me lol must have been hungery its been 12 days with out food a big thanks for all your input on how to catch it cheers
n/a Posted - 01/05/2010 : 22:08:35
Any sign of lil escape artist yet?? I feel so sorry that you lost you're lil one, I hope He/she returns swiftly and safely, Good luck on the hunt, and Dont give up searching hope is still there :)
kdlang Posted - 01/05/2010 : 13:10:26
Is there anyone in the household who could have accidently not put the lid on properly then realised and replaced it without saying anything? I know it's not going to help get your snake back but it might help stop you wondering how it got out. Keep looking, never give up hope.
Sta~ple Posted - 01/05/2010 : 09:31:21
They can push lids open. I'm having to change a little ones RUB as it can push it about. Maybe there's a hole somewhere else? If you have big vents then they can go through them
n/a Posted - 01/05/2010 : 08:42:50
still no sign i am still puzzeled on how it got out of the tank with a heavy lid on it and no gaps
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2010 : 18:58:28
How on earth do they get in a computer? There should be no holes big enough for them to do that XD

Mine have never escaped but they make a dash and wrap them selves around objects so it's hard for me to get them off but they seem to like beds, tv's and behind or below furniture. Check chairs as well... my snake somehow found a hole in a chair and made for it while I had his bottom end. I had to cut him out of the chair to get him out... also check draws and under beds. Hopefully you can narrow down to what room he is in soon.
Taz Devil Posted - 30/04/2010 : 16:18:59
I found mine inside my computer, She was wrapped around the PSU.. Have you checked there.

Hope you find snakey soon.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 29/04/2010 : 22:25:11
Sorry to hear he's still missing.

Hope he turns up soon.
n/a Posted - 29/04/2010 : 21:17:15
Really sorry to hear he's gone missing and hope you find him soon.

I remember when i first got Eugene, within 3 days or so i couldnt find him anywhere in his viv, tried both his hides, scoured the substrate, everything. I eventually found him inside the light fittings inside the viv (the viv i have was previosuly used for a bearded dragon and has a light fitting at the front for a UV lamp). Still to this day (6 mths later) i've got no idea how he ended up in there. lol

Good luck with the searching and really hope you find him.
n/a Posted - 29/04/2010 : 19:54:39
no mate done the flour and the traps are make and will go down tonight will see what happends

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000