The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First long hold & she has left a present ;-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazzaboobers Posted - 18/04/2010 : 20:42:09
I have just had sookie out for about 15 minutes and after a little bit she seemed to settle down - give her 'bum' a wiggle and then poo all over me!!!
So not sure if she was so relaxed she wanted to leave me a present or if it was nerves but she certainly didn't display and sharp movements wriggling of her tail like a rattle and didn't mind me moving when she slithered too far on me - so all in all a success I think - another go tomorrow and then feeding again on Tuesday

Right i'm off for a bath - I feel dirty - snake poo yuk!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
josh9961 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 20:54:14
HAHA not been pooped on yet, I started noticing the signs just in time to avoid being a snakey toilet.
hillzi Posted - 19/04/2010 : 20:14:16
Awh she's only showing her appreciation to being handled for the first time!
punumbear Posted - 19/04/2010 : 19:26:16
pmsl... reptiledanny.. sitting here reading about ur crapped on escapades im laughing to meself kids are looking at me like im slightly hmmm...lol..
reptiledanny Posted - 19/04/2010 : 19:24:05
well my bed has felt the worst of it, but i have been pood on by all my pets, dog when he was a puppy had runny and went all over my foot, yuk , crestie went all over my hand and she is hard to tell, she will run and poo, stay still and pood and jump and poo. so very hard to tell. monty well, when we forst got him every time we had him out he would poo on me or bed. mainly bed but sometimes me. then after a couple of months he settled down and then stopped poing on me and my bed. the first small mouse he had i new he would do a huge poo. he did it all over my brothers bed sheets, he doesnt now, never will
punumbear Posted - 19/04/2010 : 19:15:28
me n the worms have pretty much got it down pat when they need the loo... every 4 days after feeding i get them out one by one and let them have a mooch on me bed whilst sort of massaging them as they go through my hands.. towel underneath or kitchen roll watch for the bottom poutage and tail raise n off they go. the royal is a completely different story... but my lil anery is is a star she comes out, few runs through me hands .. watch for butt poutage n then when shes ready to go i hold her over the bin.. she stays still i hold her mid tail shes all good.. when finished returned to viv bin bag changed.. lol if none of em do it on the towel on me bed its guarranteed to do it downstairs on sitting room floor.. kellogg is a sucker for pooin on the wooden floor .but again know the signs so can get some kitchen roll under his bum to catch it.
elament Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:56:59
I lucky with xena she is so small she is see-thru where it matters and you can tell when its coming but colin is (when he is eating) a turd machine tho saying that its mainly the OH that gets it he has only got me properly once.
Mouse Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:17:36
I've been pood on, my dad has, my mate has! Sprockett tends to try n head back to her viv if she needs a poo, but Gobo doesn't care, he'll go rigid tho, so it's easy to spot it coming with him!
Kellog Posted - 19/04/2010 : 04:58:32
I am so glad your first handling session with Sookie went so well Karen....so well that she even gave you a 'gift' ! It can be a sign of stress but more likely is was just a case of (as Staple put it) 'When you got to go, you got to go!' .

You will soon get used to her pooing schedule....mine invariably go a couple of days after a feed and then again for the next 2 days and that is it, but they are adults so it will be different with your baby....just a case of living and learning and tidying up the mess !

I am one of those people who actually prefers it that my corns poo out of their vivs, makes cleaning out so much easier. I still find a 'gift' from Silvesta when I do his water change and substrate check within the 48hrs after feeding....and as it is usually buried the first sign I have of it is when my fingers feel it !

You do learn to read the signs of when they are going to poo - they go very still, lift their tails at an odd angle and their vent comes out....that is when you need to be ready to catch and it can squirt quite a distance! I always have kitchen roll ready and most of the time I can get it in place in time, although with Silvesta I still have to be careful - if you pay too much attention to his rear end and he poos, he can then zoom off in a direction you dont want him to go! Having said all this I have been caught out by him before and got it all smeared on my leg and sofa = very unhappy OH!! So they can be unpredictable!

Keep up with the handling, sounds like you are getting it right and remember that a lot of Sookie's reaction will be down to how you are reacting to her - so she was relaxed cos you were !

xxx

DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 00:37:26
So far i have avoided being pooed on, although sometimes quite narrowly.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 18/04/2010 : 23:27:19
Welcome to the club

Both of mine have pooed on me and yes, I now have a towel close at hand
newsnakekeeper Posted - 18/04/2010 : 22:30:21
Yeah i been pooed on but i keep a towel handy now does come in useful
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2010 : 21:23:33
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Join the club
I bet we've all been pooed on at some time.

I haven't turns out I've only ben musked on. My bed isn't as lucky. I would rather them have pooed on me than my bed
herriotfan Posted - 18/04/2010 : 21:14:40
Join the club
I bet we've all been pooed on at some time.
Glad the time out of her viv with you was positive. It's really special isn't it when you are getting to know your new snake. I'm still in total awe of our Sidney. I love having him out with me and miss his company on the 48hr restriction after his feeds. I love the way he can calm me down and relaxes me with the most theraputic silky hand massage!! My neighbour, who has an adult cornsnake, tells me it gets better when they give a shoulder & neck massage.....
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2010 : 20:46:04
When you need to go, you need to go. I think many people use toils when handling their snakes. Some even try and make the snake poo while out the viv. Although I wouldn't advise a person to poo on another person.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000