Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First long hold & she has left a present ;-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazzaboobers
Egg

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  20:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just had sookie out for about 15 minutes and after a little bit she seemed to settle down - give her 'bum' a wiggle and then poo all over me!!!
So not sure if she was so relaxed she wanted to leave me a present or if it was nerves but she certainly didn't display and sharp movements wriggling of her tail like a rattle and didn't mind me moving when she slithered too far on me - so all in all a success I think - another go tomorrow and then feeding again on Tuesday

Right i'm off for a bath - I feel dirty - snake poo yuk!

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  20:46:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When you need to go, you need to go. I think many people use toils when handling their snakes. Some even try and make the snake poo while out the viv. Although I wouldn't advise a person to poo on another person.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  21:14:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Join the club
I bet we've all been pooed on at some time.
Glad the time out of her viv with you was positive. It's really special isn't it when you are getting to know your new snake. I'm still in total awe of our Sidney. I love having him out with me and miss his company on the 48hr restriction after his feeds. I love the way he can calm me down and relaxes me with the most theraputic silky hand massage!! My neighbour, who has an adult cornsnake, tells me it gets better when they give a shoulder & neck massage.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  21:23:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Join the club
I bet we've all been pooed on at some time.

I haven't turns out I've only ben musked on. My bed isn't as lucky. I would rather them have pooed on me than my bed

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  22:30:21  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah i been pooed on but i keep a towel handy now does come in useful

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  23:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the club

Both of mine have pooed on me and yes, I now have a towel close at hand

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  00:37:26  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So far i have avoided being pooed on, although sometimes quite narrowly.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  04:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so glad your first handling session with Sookie went so well Karen....so well that she even gave you a 'gift' ! It can be a sign of stress but more likely is was just a case of (as Staple put it) 'When you got to go, you got to go!' .

You will soon get used to her pooing schedule....mine invariably go a couple of days after a feed and then again for the next 2 days and that is it, but they are adults so it will be different with your baby....just a case of living and learning and tidying up the mess !

I am one of those people who actually prefers it that my corns poo out of their vivs, makes cleaning out so much easier. I still find a 'gift' from Silvesta when I do his water change and substrate check within the 48hrs after feeding....and as it is usually buried the first sign I have of it is when my fingers feel it !

You do learn to read the signs of when they are going to poo - they go very still, lift their tails at an odd angle and their vent comes out....that is when you need to be ready to catch and it can squirt quite a distance! I always have kitchen roll ready and most of the time I can get it in place in time, although with Silvesta I still have to be careful - if you pay too much attention to his rear end and he poos, he can then zoom off in a direction you dont want him to go! Having said all this I have been caught out by him before and got it all smeared on my leg and sofa = very unhappy OH!! So they can be unpredictable!

Keep up with the handling, sounds like you are getting it right and remember that a lot of Sookie's reaction will be down to how you are reacting to her - so she was relaxed cos you were !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  11:17:36  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been pood on, my dad has, my mate has! Sprockett tends to try n head back to her viv if she needs a poo, but Gobo doesn't care, he'll go rigid tho, so it's easy to spot it coming with him!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  11:56:59  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I lucky with xena she is so small she is see-thru where it matters and you can tell when its coming but colin is (when he is eating) a turd machine tho saying that its mainly the OH that gets it he has only got me properly once.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  19:15:28  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
me n the worms have pretty much got it down pat when they need the loo... every 4 days after feeding i get them out one by one and let them have a mooch on me bed whilst sort of massaging them as they go through my hands.. towel underneath or kitchen roll watch for the bottom poutage and tail raise n off they go. the royal is a completely different story... but my lil anery is is a star she comes out, few runs through me hands .. watch for butt poutage n then when shes ready to go i hold her over the bin.. she stays still i hold her mid tail shes all good.. when finished returned to viv bin bag changed.. lol if none of em do it on the towel on me bed its guarranteed to do it downstairs on sitting room floor.. kellogg is a sucker for pooin on the wooden floor .but again know the signs so can get some kitchen roll under his bum to catch it.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  19:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well my bed has felt the worst of it, but i have been pood on by all my pets, dog when he was a puppy had runny and went all over my foot, yuk , crestie went all over my hand and she is hard to tell, she will run and poo, stay still and pood and jump and poo. so very hard to tell. monty well, when we forst got him every time we had him out he would poo on me or bed. mainly bed but sometimes me. then after a couple of months he settled down and then stopped poing on me and my bed. the first small mouse he had i new he would do a huge poo. he did it all over my brothers bed sheets, he doesnt now, never will

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  19:26:16  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
pmsl... reptiledanny.. sitting here reading about ur crapped on escapades im laughing to meself kids are looking at me like im slightly hmmm...lol..

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  20:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awh she's only showing her appreciation to being handled for the first time!
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HAHA not been pooped on yet, I started noticing the signs just in time to avoid being a snakey toilet.

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000