The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Size of Viv ideas please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazzaboobers Posted - 12/04/2010 : 00:24:22
Ok for anyone I haven't met yet - and thank you for all the warm welcomes BTW - we got our Sookie on Thursday last weekend when we picked her up she was in a smallish tub - the guy advised us not to buy anything too big and so we ended up getting the medium breeding box - measuring 11" by 6.5". Sookie is 10 months old and watching her just now checking out the box she must be 1.5 foot - therefore if i am understanding the rule right is slightly bigger then the length and the width of the box.

So what do i do - she seems to be settling well into the box and def wouldn't be thinking of moving her any time soon - but i do feel a little cross that maybe we should have bought one of the bigger Faunariums - I asked the guy about this and he said at the time well you would have to pad it out with lots of stuff - in hindsight im thinking that would have been better.

So the question - does she need moving to a bigger space and of so when and how big - do we go for a faunarium and if so how long do they normally last in there - or do we go for a small viv - 2ft maybe? but make sure we get the seals that we have seen for the glass doors? Any a ideas greatly appreciated - cheers
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazzaboobers Posted - 12/04/2010 : 00:39:54
Hi thanks DannyBrown - How soon would you make the swap? - am thinking we could then use the small faunarium she is in now for feeding? Any thoughts?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/04/2010 : 00:30:15
I would save a little money and get either a large flat faunarium which would do her untill shes around 2.5 foot long then you could move her into a 3 foot vivarium or you could get a RUB which come in varius different sizes so could get one to do her untill shes around 3 foot at which point she could move into a 3 foot vivarium where she will likely be able to live for the rest of her adult life.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000