The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 temporary hide ideas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ari Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:14:06
hey guys, ive just clean mysterys viv and took out all rough items to help his skin heal. (vet isnt sure what the cause is, nor my local pet store, he is on antibiotics). more to the point. i need to create some temp hides for him. any advice on what i can use?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/04/2010 : 20:30:52
I was going to suggest the same as Crazy JJ, egg boxes would work a treat.
Lilpunk Posted - 04/04/2010 : 08:07:51
I made one out of a chinese take-away box the other day, and smoothed down the edges with an emery board (nail file) x)
crazy JJ Posted - 04/04/2010 : 02:33:41
my lil ns seem 2 like egg boxes lol scooby n twilight have one n they love it, always sleep in there :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/04/2010 : 02:10:34
With pringle tubes, fill with some sand and give a good shake out, then leave somewhere to air out for a few days, and that should be it.
Trio loves his Barbecue flavour pringle tube.
ari Posted - 04/04/2010 : 01:25:37
used an old mobile fone box and a delivery box lol. took all the tape off them. im on kitchen paper at the mo till his skin recovers!
newsnakekeeper Posted - 04/04/2010 : 00:11:23
u cant use pringle tubes the snake may not like salt and vinegar flavour ones lol

i never thought bought using them do have some toilet rolls and kitchen roll tubes in viv but snake prefers the hides or more to the point prefers to stay under aspen lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 22:52:26
I have toilet roll tube hides in all my fauns. Its only casper who dosn't use them. She just burries herself where ever she feels or uses the caves.
Nazzle Posted - 03/04/2010 : 21:40:20
I get broken pots free from the local garden centre. Even if they've been broken in half, after sanding them down they can lean next to the wall leaving a little gap at the front. My big boys seem to prefer them to anything else I've bought or made! I've also made my own coconut hides, drill a hole into the coconut first, then cut in half through the middle of the hole and you have two new hides. If it's a hatchling I cut toilet roll tubes in half lengthways to make two, snugger hides. I usually half bury them so there is only one entrance.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 19:21:27
OOOOHH Coconut as well! My dad just handed me 2 halves with little holes in it.
Kare Posted - 03/04/2010 : 19:17:12
I have cut one plant pot in 1/2 to make two hides for my Rub which is awaiting my first snake.
Will be waiting a while though I have decided to get an African Pygmy Hedgehog first.
HannahB Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:48:33
if hes small enough you could use those innocent smoothie boxes, the ones that have 4 smoothies inside, i use them in my royals vivs and they seem to like them
ari Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:48:07
thanks, will start raiding bits from my house. thanks ;)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:35:09
Yup, just have a little look in your cupboards and things. Yoghurt pots, boxes, toilet or kitchen roll tubes, pringles tubs.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:28:23
Toilet rolls, boxes. My snake's love boxes, they prefer them to nice expensive hides, I just cut a mousey shaped hole in mine and if you have any plastic microwave meals use the plastic from that once washed and cut a mouse hole in it. Plant pots are also good or if your snake is really tiny, use yoghurt/chocolate moose pots.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000