The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I'm so bored.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
headlow Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:01:48
3 out of 4 snakies are in shed

I've never had this happen before! How does everyone else cope when the majority of you're snakes are in shed?

A serious question though.....if a tank is due to be cleaned out and it's occupant is in shed, do you clean it out or leave the snake in peace until it's shed?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
headlow Posted - 08/04/2010 : 21:22:11
My Milk snake just shed there now. Just my young Snow Corn and Mexi Black to go.

All three cleared up at the same time......surely they couldn't all shed on the same night?

Completely off topic, but Liverpool just went 3-0 up against Benfica :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 19:32:40
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

I guess that when you have as many as you do, Mike, they have to fit into your schedule rather than you into theirs !

[/quote]
i have never had one complain about me feeding them whilst cleaning them out, they think too much with their bellies!
[/quote]

Oops thats what i was meant to do today, candy shed this morning so i figured whilst i was feeding him i'd clean out his tank but forgot and just watched him squeeze the life out of an already lifeless pinky... Oh well i'll clean him out in a couple of days after he's digested his meal.
mikerichards Posted - 07/04/2010 : 19:02:08
[/quote]

I guess that when you have as many as you do, Mike, they have to fit into your schedule rather than you into theirs !

[/quote]

That they do! they have no choice, however, i have never had one complain about me feeding them whilst cleaning them out, they think too much with their bellies!
Kellog Posted - 07/04/2010 : 03:50:36
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Mine get done whether they are in shed or feeding, mostly I do them when I feed so kills 2 birds with 1 stone, but that then takes hours, about 8 mostly!

I dont handle or feed either of mine from the point of them going blue til they shed. Luckily Kellog never poos in his viv and Silvesta only does once, within the 48hrs after a feed, so their vivs are kept relatively clean and only require a full clean out every 6 weeks. And making that clean out a week late because of my snake being in shed makes no difference.

I do know what you mean about missing your handling time. I especially miss it with Kellog, as Silvesta is still very fast and requires a lot of hands on concentration (if that makes sense ). I always find handling Kellog therapeutic, it is so relaxing having him sliding over your body and I love it when he curls up in my hood or drapes himself around my neck....

xxx

mikerichards Posted - 06/04/2010 : 16:23:03
Mine get done whether they are in shed or feeding, mostly I do them when I feed so kills 2 birds with 1 stone, but that then takes hours, about 8 mostly!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 06/04/2010 : 16:13:53
Now all of mine ar in shed.

Candies eyes and scales gave cleared and should shed in the next couple of days.

Casper is now in blue and should shed in around 5 days, Reggies skin has gone dusty now, will probably go blue in a couple of days.
kdlang Posted - 03/04/2010 : 19:55:11
Alice was due to be cleaned out when he went into shed so I left it for a week. He hardly ever messes in his viv anyway so I didn't see the point in distubing him for the sake of waiting a week.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 17:02:46
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

mine get cleaned whether they're in shed or not, a snakes gotta have a sweet smelling pad :D

Yes :D But sadly once mine shed they also leave a nice present..
Come to think of it, as soon as I clean them out at any time I come back an hour later and there's a nice one in the corner so when I scoop it up, it undo's all my nice cleaning work on the wood :(
mozacchio Posted - 03/04/2010 : 16:50:29
Nahh..!
Let it be.
Waiting a little won't hurt!
eeji Posted - 03/04/2010 : 13:40:13
mine get cleaned whether they're in shed or not, a snakes gotta have a sweet smelling pad :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 12:00:33
I just leave my snakes alone whilst in shed. No handling, No Feeding and No full cleans.

Just spot check and change water.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:28:51
I handle and clean Venom when in shed sometimes, he doesn't seem to mind it that's why I do it but if it can be helped I try not to. With Char, no.
herriotfan Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:09:42
I'm no expert but my guess would be leave the cleaning until the snake has shed.
Must be difficult not being able to handle your snakes while they are in shed...I find it hard just going the 48 hours after a feed! Goodness knows how I'm going to feel when Sidney sheds ;P
elament Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:08:31
Leave it be. Snakes in shed are partially blind and do not cope well with being messed with. I got the same problem too I got one in shed and the other digesting a meal. Fortuneately the 48hrs is up tonight so at least i got one i can play with lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000