The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 anoying suction cups - need an alternative

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 12:37:43
Hey all, im sure most of you have suffered the same problems with weak suction cups. mine refuse to stay in place and plants fall within minutes of mounting them. That's without mystery roaming all over them. any ideas on how to get them to stay, replacements/ alternative methods. Not very keen on tapes etc

ari
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gregDT Posted - 17/06/2010 : 12:01:00
Sorry to resurrect this one but I had exactly the same problem this week setting up my new Vivarium. Almost by accident I worked out I could use exo-terra jungle vines http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/jungle_vines.php I looped them up into the top of the vivarium and hung the hanging plants from them. Seems to work although I've yet to see how snake proof they are when it comes to staying put. They seem quite sturdy.
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 22:15:40
magnets sound interesting.. ill have to check those out
Kehhlyr Posted - 21/03/2010 : 22:11:48
I got some suction cup hooks from the range for a quid for 2.
They're in the iguana viv and holding up the plants happily even with the iguana jumping about.

The other option is magnets that they have on the end of supermarket checkouts, they have small hooks on them and are incredibly powerful, all you need is a small bit of fabric to go underneath and they'll hold incredibly well.
eeji Posted - 21/03/2010 : 21:24:03
hot glue gun :)
n/a Posted - 21/03/2010 : 20:50:16
blob of sealent in the sucky bit and fix them as you would normally? have to evacuate the snake for a day though...possibly more hassle than its worth but an idea.
sexychef Posted - 21/03/2010 : 19:35:28
tis ok.
n/a Posted - 21/03/2010 : 18:28:20
thanks for the great idea SC, we were just wondering how to hang plants in Steve's new viv.
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 13:20:52
i probably should have mentioned i have a glass viv with a foam background in so its not strong enough to handle those kinds of pin :( shame because they could have worked. Definately not going down the tape route.
sexychef Posted - 21/03/2010 : 13:15:41
i use plastic coated screw hooks
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 13:00:46
At the minute i just have my hanging plants draped over vines but i found that the suction cups weren't very good.

What ever you do don't resort to using tapes or anything that the snake could get stuck to or tangled up in. You could try staples but you would have to make sure they were in good and weren't going to fall out if your snake climbed on them.
elament Posted - 21/03/2010 : 12:44:18
When I had my plants hanging from the back of the viv i used those bread ties to attach them to the back of the viv by poking the ends through the vent at the top and twisting them tight on the outside. That did the job really well but to be honest I recently took them all down and drapped them over the branches I have in Colins viv to form a canopy from one side to the other. Looks really nice and gives him cover.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000