The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How much?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
headlow Posted - 11/03/2010 : 21:45:48
By the end of last week I was completely out of food and bedding for my 4 snakes.
I spent 19.80 on two months worth of food, plus a further 30 quid on a bulk bag of aspen, that will most likely last me at least 4 months.
Whilst having a drunken conversation with my cousin about this he revealed that he spends 25 quid a week on food for his 2 dogs, so snakes are relatively cheap to keep.

I was just wondering what people on here pay for the upkeep of their snakes?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 13/03/2010 : 11:32:43
Which online stores do you guys get your aspen from? I have looked and I can never figure out which one is the cheapest as sometimes they say it's blah litres and other times they use kg.
mikerichards Posted - 12/03/2010 : 15:22:47
I am jealous! Sort of, before I started breeding mice it was costing me £200 a month just to feed everyone, the mice save me about 10 quid a week roughly.
Bedding wise I use horse bedding which is 6 quid for 25 kg, that does the rats too for about a month.
Azzheasman Posted - 12/03/2010 : 12:23:39
i spend about £3 a week on mice and a big bag of aspen does me 2 months and thas about £8 from my local repshop cheaper online no doubt,and bout £5 a week for cat food, biscuits and litter snakes are a fairly cheap pet to keep my parents spend about £300+ a month on their animals tho they have 9 cats 4 bull mastifs 5 horses 2 sheep 1 goat and some chickens lol
headlow Posted - 12/03/2010 : 10:40:54
I buy my food from local reptile shops (where ever I am closest too at the time) and I get my aspen online.
Sta~ple Posted - 12/03/2010 : 09:31:55
Where do you buy your food and bedding from o.o; I spent £20 on 3 months worth of food and the their bedding costs like £6 a month. The 4 cats we have go through about £15/20 of food a week.
Taz Devil Posted - 12/03/2010 : 09:13:37
For sid it costs me about £3 for a bag of apsen that will do her viv twice so thats £1 a month, and then theres the mice at about £1 each (this is a high average as I am trying various sized mice at the moment in the hope of getting her to eat again) so thats £4 there so for one snake (excluding the electricity used for mat) it costs me about £5.50 a month for Sid.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/03/2010 : 22:52:44
I've just gotten one of those energy usage monitors, and when it's only me in the house, to run 13 vivs, 2 incubators, 3 computers, the trickler in the garage and the radio costs me 28p a day in electric.
I bought a huge bag of aubiose a few weeks back, that was £8.50 and is likely to last about 4-6 months (at least).
My lizards cost me 5 quid a week in food(for now , the snakes cost about 7 quid.
Lizard food costs are gonna at least triple in the next 24-48 hours, when the beardies start eating more.

In total it gives a rough average of £1.98 a day, which isn't all that bad considering that's all the equipment and food.
If I started a paper round, that'd pay for all my animals and upkeep then.
Kare Posted - 11/03/2010 : 22:50:34
What on earth is he feeding his dogs?! My dogs are raw fed basically they eat human grade meat from Sainsburys.

7kg of raw meat a week, 450g each day for a german shepherd and 550g each day for a golden retriever costs maximum £11 per week total, not each. The actual cost is however lower as at least one or two meals will include leftovers, vegetables rather than a full weight of meat or meat we have not managed to eat within the use by date.
eeji Posted - 11/03/2010 : 21:57:11
too much to keep a count of! :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000