The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 changing the layout...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:26:30
Does changing the layout of a snakes home, whatever size it is, make it stressed? Everytime i clean Blaze's home i always try to move things around abit to make things more interesting for him (obviously whilst giving him 1 hide at each end+plant coverage)
Just wondering if a snakes 'reaction' (for want of a better word) is more likely to be "oooo, new place, lets explore" or "oh my god, i dont know this place, im scared"!!!
Just wana do whats best by him!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 14/02/2010 : 19:27:54
I think it's a good idea to change any animals environment around to stop them becoming lethargic, even if they had only say...... a predtory instinct, if they think they haven't gone there before looking for food, the change would entice them to explore, whether it be for food, or a way to escape
HannahB Posted - 12/02/2010 : 07:53:53
i regularly shift stuff about..and i mix and match the substrate depending on how im feeling..some weeks its just kitchen towel with paper shreddings or its kitchen towel with aspen or sometimes a bit of aspen with paper shreddings for extra hidey places
the king just trashes everything i do for him.. im always flattening out his aspen so he has to spend all day remaking the tunnels
ari Posted - 12/02/2010 : 01:08:12
agreed, when your snake becomes a little inactive for long periods, its probably because they are bored. i change the layout every so often and mystery can help explore. keeps him happy
lucifer Posted - 12/02/2010 : 00:15:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr
Unless it's a kingsnake, when I believe the thought in their head is; "oooh, something new to trash"

Unbelievably true!
Its a good idea now and again, it keeps them active and interested.
Kehhlyr Posted - 12/02/2010 : 00:06:34
I regularly shift things around in my vivs, I dunno if they do notice, but they do seem to be more active after a shuffle around.

quote:
Originally posted by tinamiles

......Just wondering if a snakes 'reaction' (for want of a better word) is more likely to be "oooo, new place, lets explore"......

Unless it's a kingsnake, when I believe the thought in their head is; "oooh, something new to trash"
n/a Posted - 11/02/2010 : 20:59:23
Yes its good to do. On this site's care sheet says to do it every now and again too.
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:31:11
Blaze should be able to smell its his own house, so shouldn't be all that bothered. Changing the layout is indeed a good way of adding some excitement to your snakes life, every couple of months should do it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000