The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moss Box

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 30/01/2010 : 21:57:39
Quick question...
Xena has gone into blue and as she has a history of problem sheds I am putting in a moss box on monday. Which end does it go warm or cold end I am assuming warm

cheers

steve
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/02/2010 : 04:42:37
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i personally replace the warm AND cool hides with damp hides if i have a snake that needs a temporary increase in humidity to shed.....they don't have to be fancy shop-bought or expensive hides, just an appropriately sized margerine/ice cream/or similar tub with a hole cut out for access is all that's really required

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3699&SearchTerms=damp,hide

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 31/01/2010 : 22:13:16
i personally replace the warm AND cool hides with damp hides if i have a snake that needs a temporary increase in humidity to shed.....they don't have to be fancy shop-bought or expensive hides, just an appropriately sized margerine/ice cream/or similar tub with a hole cut out for access is all that's really required
Fal Posted - 31/01/2010 : 00:36:06
We use one in the same way Rich for our leopard gecko and we have that in the cool end, stays moist for longer, although as mentioned above, I can't see any harm in having one at each end, give your snake the option!?
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 00:26:33
Hope she sheds ok.Just put some moss into Ruby's and she went in it and shed right in front of me about 10 minutes ago. Great to watch.

I had mine at the cold end and it steamed up nicely if that helps any.
Used a take away tub with a square cut out of the lid. Worked a treat.

Rich
HannahB Posted - 30/01/2010 : 22:32:13
you can put moss in all her hides if you want which means that she always has access to them,
the warm is probably better if you are just putting one in though but you will need to keep moistening it up though
hope she sheds ok for you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000