Moss Box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  21:57:39  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Quick question...
Xena has gone into blue and as she has a history of problem sheds I am putting in a moss box on monday. Which end does it go warm or cold end I am assuming warm

cheers

steve

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  22:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can put moss in all her hides if you want which means that she always has access to them,
the warm is probably better if you are just putting one in though but you will need to keep moistening it up though
hope she sheds ok for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  00:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope she sheds ok.Just put some moss into Ruby's and she went in it and shed right in front of me about 10 minutes ago. Great to watch.

I had mine at the cold end and it steamed up nicely if that helps any.
Used a take away tub with a square cut out of the lid. Worked a treat.

Rich

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  00:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use one in the same way Rich for our leopard gecko and we have that in the cool end, stays moist for longer, although as mentioned above, I can't see any harm in having one at each end, give your snake the option!?

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  22:13:16  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i personally replace the warm AND cool hides with damp hides if i have a snake that needs a temporary increase in humidity to shed.....they don't have to be fancy shop-bought or expensive hides, just an appropriately sized margerine/ice cream/or similar tub with a hole cut out for access is all that's really required

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  04:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i personally replace the warm AND cool hides with damp hides if i have a snake that needs a temporary increase in humidity to shed.....they don't have to be fancy shop-bought or expensive hides, just an appropriately sized margerine/ice cream/or similar tub with a hole cut out for access is all that's really required

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3699&SearchTerms=damp,hide

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000