The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 888 Reptiles and Viv-Exotic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 11:48:45
Just to let anyone know...

If you place an order with 888 Reptiles which includes a viv-exoic viv then the viv does not arrive with the rest of the order.

Ive just had my missus on the phone in tears (im at work) because my heat mat, thermometer and accessories arrived but the vivarium did not.

And when she told the parcel force guy the order was incomplete he just laughed at her and told her to sign. Needless to say i was fuming by this time and parcel force have had a very angry customer on the phone ready to rip the head off one of there delivery drivers!

The invoice states viv, mat, plants, thermometer etc, but the viv is sent direct from the supplier.

It might state this on the website and i may of missed it, but it is slightly mis-leading and just thought i would let you all know to save you the hassle in future.

Ive rang 888 and they said it should be here tomorrow or monday.

Thanks

Gaz
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 08:56:03
Cheers Kellog, she was a bit upset yeh. I was fuming, its typical that something like this happens when shes on her own. Its always the same, she went shopping a few months ago and had some chav giving her grief in the car park, but it never happens when im with her. Its really annoying.

As for 888, i will write them an e-mail outlining the problem, up untill now i have been really satisfied with them but this is a real issue. I double checked the delivery note last night and the viv IS on there.

Cheers

Gaz
Kellog Posted - 29/01/2010 : 04:45:09
So sorry you (and your OH, who definitely does not need to be dealing with this in her state!) had this happen to you. I do hope it is sorted out ok, with no arguments about her signing a delivery note and supposedly accepting all the items.

BUT it has been a good warning to all of us to be very careful about where we order from, reading the small print and being careful what we accept and sign for on delivery....so thank you for that.

Give my love to your OH, hope she wasnt too upset at being laughed at .

xxx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 17:48:55
Yeh i know mate, i told my missus she shouldnt of signed. I would of given him the 3 items back and told him i wanted all or nothing.

As you say, big flaw on there part. Im not sure whos to blame here, probably 888.

The viv should be on a seperate delivery note to the rest of the items surely, as it wasnt dispatched at the same time as everything else.

Gaz
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 17:30:37
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Kehhlyr - yeh she signed the delivery note, which included the viv.

This is really bad on the part of 888/parcel force IMO.

The delivery note says...

Heatmat
Viv
Thermometer
Plastic Plants x 2

So you have to sign for the lot, when in fact the viv is a completely different order apparently.

Gaz

The only thing is if the viv didnt turn up and you had to get in touch with them they would have a delivery note signed by you saying that you got all the items and you could potentially lose out.

Big flaw on 888/parcel forces side.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:35:22
Kehhlyr - yeh she signed the delivery note, which included the viv.

This is really bad on the part of 888/parcel force IMO.

The delivery note says...

Heatmat
Viv
Thermometer
Plastic Plants x 2

So you have to sign for the lot, when in fact the viv is a completely different order apparently.

Gaz
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:23:48
Your very welcome!! It is indeed a good price for the VX range, the extra floor space is really noticeable and they are quality vivs. I would rather pay an extra tenner or so for real value for money.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:06:15
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

you can get cheaper than that 3 ft. go on homes4reptiles, they charge 55 for a 3ft. dirt cheap. thats where i am getting mine from in a week or so.

Are they the VX range?
That fella who SB said sells the LX range for around that price. The VX range are deeper. I belive the LX are around 12 or 15 inches deep and the VX are 18.5 inches deep.

Edit: Just checked the LX range is £54.99 but the VX range is 71.99 so the supplier who SB gave the link to is infact cheaper.
If you plan on getting the LX range have a look on rocketpets, that is the website of the supplier who SB stated, he may well have the LX range for cheaper but i'm not sure. However if you decide you want your viv a little deeper to give your corn more space it is deffinitely worth having a look at the Rocketpets website.

The VX range is what i plan on getting when i move my snakeys up to a viv,although that could be a while away.
Thanks to SB for giving us the link
reptiledanny Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:03:23
you can get cheaper than that 3 ft. go on homes4reptiles, they charge 55 for a 3ft. dirt cheap. thats where i am getting mine from in a week or so.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/01/2010 : 15:57:21
quote:

Just to let anyone know...

If you place an order with 888 Reptiles which includes a viv-exoic viv then the viv does not arrive with the rest of the order.

Ive just had my missus on the phone in tears (im at work) because my heat mat, thermometer and accessories arrived but the vivarium did not.

And when she told the parcel force guy the order was incomplete he just laughed at her and told her to sign. Needless to say i was fuming by this time and parcel force have had a very angry customer on the phone ready to rip the head off one of there delivery drivers!.......

Can I clarify something here; Did you sign for the viv as well, even though you weren't taking delivery of it?
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 14:44:48
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

Shame man! RIP there heads off big time!!

What does that mean? Lol. Whos resting in peace???
Fernando Pierre Posted - 28/01/2010 : 14:38:35
Shame man! RIP there heads off big time!!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 13:21:55
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Im sure he only laughed at her because shes a little 5' something, 9 stone woman (whos 8 months pregnant), i doubt he would of laughed at a 6' and 17 stone bloke, lol.

Sexybear - post the link yeh please, i think ive seen the guy who deals with vivexotic on ebay.

I like 888 reptiles, but there is deffinitely some confusion here.

Thanks

Gaz

How did you know i was 6', 17stone?

6'3 actually

Lol, youve got 3 inches on me... This is a family forum though so we dont want any of that! Lmao.

Thanks alot for the link sexy bear.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:53:22
Yep, very good price.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:51:04
Wow they are cheap. Will have to have a look at his site when i order my vivs.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:47:38
This guy has a store with all sorts of other stuff-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivexotic-VX36-Beech-Wooden-Vivarium-Beech-VX-36_W0QQitemZ190365820343QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item2c52afe5b7#ht_1985wt_1167
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:46:45
quote:

Im sure he only laughed at her because shes a little 5' something, 9 stone woman (whos 8 months pregnant), i doubt he would of laughed at a 6' and 17 stone bloke, lol.

Sexybear - post the link yeh please, i think ive seen the guy who deals with vivexotic on ebay.

Thanks

Gaz

How did you know i was 6', 17stone?

6'3 actually
lmfastcars Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:27:08
Thanks for sharing gaz, sorry to hear about your viv not turning up.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:23:45

Thanks

Gaz
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:20:57
Thats very annoying!! Your poor girlfriend, I would have been fuming aswell!!

I got my Vivexotics off ebay, dirt cheap and fast delivery, if you want the link for future use I can find it for you.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:16:10
Glad it weren't me, if the parcel force fella had just laughed when i told him it was incomplete he'd of been asleep on my doorstep for about an hour.

Glad its all sorted out for you now though.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000