The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 09:53:56
Steve is about 3 and a half months old, measuring about 14/15 inches, weight 12g last time i weighed him on Sunday.

He takes one small pinkie very easily every 5 days now and actually took the pinkie from the tweezers for the first time on his last feed
I need to start weighing his pinkies now, do i weight them frozen or once defrosted?
Also for Steve's size what would be the recommended amount of pinkies and weight to give him? He had his last pinkie on Sunday night so is due another tomorrow but he has been out and about the last 2 days almost as if he is looking for more food.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 10/02/2010 : 12:49:55
Couldnt agree more mom2
n/a Posted - 10/02/2010 : 07:59:02
Thanks for that Judith.
Steve, just goes to show a little love and patience can make it all good in the end.
Kellog Posted - 10/02/2010 : 03:54:23
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Well Steve was fed again last night, before we fed him though i weighed him, he weighs in at 14g now so well pleased.
He took 2 x 2g pinkies...... ate the second pinkie quicker than the first, is there a reason why they do this? the first one seems to take ages to go down but the second one gets swallowed so much easier.

Think this is because with the first pinkie/mouse (whatever size it is) they have to adjust the size of their jaw/mouth to the size of their prey....whereas with the second 'meal' everything is adjusted to the size already and must go down easier having had the way prepared for them!!

xxx
elament Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:20:04
I know. This has been a real uphill struggle. Me and my mate struggled for days keeping her alive and it has all come worth it in the end. Now she is bright and sparky and is a snake dustbin. I simply cant wait till she is Colins size she will be a stunner. A result and a large part of it has to do with advice filtered down from you lot.
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:02:31
quote:
Originally posted by elament

yep just thought you would like to know xena just had two pinks. Gobbled the second down in half the time of the first and then would you believe it was looking for a third.

thats great news
she'll be a big girl on fuzzies before you know it!
elament Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:00:09
yep just thought you would like to know xena just had two pinks. Gobbled the second down in half the time of the first and then would you believe it was looking for a third.
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 13:45:50
quote:

Well done you! I got xena to feed tonight and I am going to try two again see what happens.

Thats great news hun, she will be growing in leaps and bounds at this rate.
elament Posted - 09/02/2010 : 11:03:58
Well done you! I got xena to feed tonight and I am going to try two again see what happens.
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 10:41:43
Well Steve was fed again last night, before we fed him though i weighed him, he weighs in at 14g now so well pleased.
He took 2 x 2g pinkies, the second one my son was trying to feed him it, he is struggling a bit and getting quite upset cause he is finding it hard to hold on to the pinkie for so long bless him, anyway he ended up dropping it into the rub and as he went to try and lift it back up Steve struck at the tweezers, my son cr@pped himself. LOL, shouldn't laugh really but it was cute to see Steve defending his prey!! Told him to back of and leave it in the rub for Steve to get himself. Which he did and once again ate the second pinkie quicker than the first, is there a reason why they do this? the first one seems to take ages to go down but the second one gets swallowed so much easier.
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 13:21:45
I've thought the same thing with Snickers. She looks funny trying to move to her hide (if she had legs i'd say she was waddling). She reminds of a woman that is due any day now.
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

No worries.

Its funny when they move about with a full belly, lol.

Gaz

Gaz_1989 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 10:05:15
No worries.

Its funny when they move about with a full belly, lol.

Gaz
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 09:19:04
Ok Gaz, thank you.
He took the second one really quickly and ate it quicker than the first one, gready guts..lol
Was funny watching him trying to get over his hide after though with 2 fat lumps in his belly..

Dawn
Gaz_1989 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 08:52:16
Personally, if it was me, i would give him a 2g + 1g, then 2 x 2g, keep him on this for a couple of feeds.

Then 3g + 2g and so on.

If he is devouring them. I did this with Stella and she has grown well since ive had her.

Gaz
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 08:14:14
Ok Steve was deffo hungry, he took 2 x 1g pinkies this am.

i have 1x 1g pinkie left, then i have 5x 2g pinkies, 5x 3g pinkies, 4x 4g pinkies

is it best to give him 1 x 2g pinkie on his next feed now?
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 13:48:58
My Steve is an Amel elament.
No worries about hijacking my thread, i will get my own back..lol
Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this thread.
elament Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:09:24
Sorry Gaz I didnt catch you post till I had replied.
The thing is everyone has different ways of doing things and it just my opinion but a lot of it has to do with what works best for your snake which we all find out by tweaking things and gradually learning by trial and error. I have noticed myself that what works for one snake wont nessesarily work for another as they are all individuals and as such have individual needs. Seems to me the members of this forum know that and respect eachothers opinion which is nice to see.
And sorry I have just completely hijacked this thread sorry mom
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:07:11
Yeh, get some pics up dude, someone will deffinitely tell you what morph colin is.

DONT GO ON IANS VIV!!!!!

You WILL get addicted!!!! Lol.
elament Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:04:25
LOL thas what i thought when I looked on ians viv but i was told she was a candycane. Must say I havent quite caught the morph bug yet. Havent got a clue what Colin is on Ians viv there is an amel that looks a bit like him perhaps when I get some pics up someone can tell me
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 11:59:36
quote:

DO you know what? From a newbies perspective its so nice to watch how polite you guys are even when you have opposing opinions/different methods.

Its a pleasure being part of this group

Ps (sorry its an off thread comment I just thought it had to be said

Thats the main reason i love this forum.

Im a member on a couple of body-building forums and strongman forums. You cant post on there without getting shot down in flames and someone asking where abouts you live so they can come and kill you, lol.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 11:58:21
Its an amel (amelanistic.)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000