The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/01/2010 : 17:52:04
I am currently feeding my corn in the viv as i got it just before xmas and has had his 2nd feed. Would it be an idea if i see if it would feed in a old bait box i have or a larger box or keep feeding in the set up as i am doing now. Any help be appreciated thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 18/01/2010 : 05:05:09
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I've been wondering about that. I feed Snickers in a critter carrier. and I know that she will eventually out grow it. I don't know what we are going to do then. I don't want to feed her in her viv because of the substrate issue. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

You just need to find a box that is a suitable size for Snickers once she outgrows the critter carrier. Something that is not too big so that she doesnt feel intimidated. You can use a RUB, a shoe box...or, when they are bigger, start feeding them loose on the floor like I do with Kellog and Silvesta.

xxx
newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:21:15
you could feed it in seperate box and do it that way or just put a bit of kitchen roll over substrate
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:15:57
I've been wondering about that. I feed Snickers in a critter carrier. and I know that she will eventually out grow it. I don't know what we are going to do them. I don't want to feed her in her viv because of the substrate issue. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

When i have been feeding in viv i have put kitchen roll on top of the substrate to make sure that no substrat is attached to pinkies but i will try the shoe box feed next time see what happens meny thanks for info

newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/01/2010 : 18:58:33
When i have been feeding in viv i have put kitchen roll on top of the substrate to make sure that no substrat is attached to pinkies but i will try the shoe box feed next time see what happens meny thanks for info
lmfastcars Posted - 17/01/2010 : 17:55:31
its better to feed them in a seperate box due to the risk of them swallowing subtrate as im sure you know. I use a shoe box and i put kitchen roll on the bottom of it.
HannahB Posted - 17/01/2010 : 17:54:26
you can feed in the viv but please put some kitchen towel down on top of the substrate so that nothing unwanted can be swallowed with the pinkie..
you can feed in another box - that way theres no chance of something unwanted being swallowed - once snakey has finished eating then you can gently tip him out of the box into his viv again

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000