Feeding corn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  17:52:04  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am currently feeding my corn in the viv as i got it just before xmas and has had his 2nd feed. Would it be an idea if i see if it would feed in a old bait box i have or a larger box or keep feeding in the set up as i am doing now. Any help be appreciated thanks

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  17:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can feed in the viv but please put some kitchen towel down on top of the substrate so that nothing unwanted can be swallowed with the pinkie..
you can feed in another box - that way theres no chance of something unwanted being swallowed - once snakey has finished eating then you can gently tip him out of the box into his viv again

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  17:55:31  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its better to feed them in a seperate box due to the risk of them swallowing subtrate as im sure you know. I use a shoe box and i put kitchen roll on the bottom of it.

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  18:58:33  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When i have been feeding in viv i have put kitchen roll on top of the substrate to make sure that no substrat is attached to pinkies but i will try the shoe box feed next time see what happens meny thanks for info

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  20:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering about that. I feed Snickers in a critter carrier. and I know that she will eventually out grow it. I don't know what we are going to do them. I don't want to feed her in her viv because of the substrate issue. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

When i have been feeding in viv i have put kitchen roll on top of the substrate to make sure that no substrat is attached to pinkies but i will try the shoe box feed next time see what happens meny thanks for info

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  20:21:15  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you could feed it in seperate box and do it that way or just put a bit of kitchen roll over substrate

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  05:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I've been wondering about that. I feed Snickers in a critter carrier. and I know that she will eventually out grow it. I don't know what we are going to do then. I don't want to feed her in her viv because of the substrate issue. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

You just need to find a box that is a suitable size for Snickers once she outgrows the critter carrier. Something that is not too big so that she doesnt feel intimidated. You can use a RUB, a shoe box...or, when they are bigger, start feeding them loose on the floor like I do with Kellog and Silvesta.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000