The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 tof cannot climb stairs :/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/01/2010 : 14:04:21
i know most of you recommened stair climbing as exercise for corns, so im slightly concerned that tof cannot climb more than one stair without seeming to stuggle with her balance and end up falling
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 22:09:05
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i tried monty today after we had come home from the vets, nope, he was more intersted in climbing on my arm that climbing up the stairss, will try again once he has eaten something as i am leaving him for a wekk now.

Remember to give him time to settle in Danny, with no handling...and definitely no stair climbing!!!

xxx
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:21:36
i tried monty today after we had come home from the vets, nope, he was more intersted in climbing on my arm that climbing up the stairss, will try again once he has eaten something as i am leaving him for a wekk now.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:28:21
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

He had the right idea but is perhaps still a little short bless him. At least he was happy to play with me

bless him!
me being short, i need a leg up the stairs aswell so he is excused, in my eyes atleast

quote:

Woo hoo, he did it! Speedy too - like a pro this time - seemed like he'd been doing it for years

I've just looked in his viv and he's on his log for the first time. Seems he's just caught the climbing bug.

yay, good on him! im so glad he has learned a technique that works for him
haha yes, it does seem he has caught the climbing bug
Sammysnake Posted - 26/01/2010 : 16:44:57
Woo hoo, he did it! Speedy too - like a pro this time - seemed like he'd been doing it for years

I've just looked in his viv and he's on his log for the first time. Seems he's just caught the climbing bug.
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 03:55:00
quote:

Just tried Saracen on the 'stairs challenge'. He gave it a valiant effort but needed a bit of a 'leg-up', or at least the snake equivalent of one. He had the right idea but is perhaps still a little short bless him. At least he was happy to play with me - I seem to be forgiven for the horrendous feeding episode.

Glad to see you are forgiven Sammy!! Not that you needed forgiving for anything!

It is nice hearing that another corn is having to learn how to climb the stairs...I really do think it is down to them experiencing something new, especially if they are not 'climbers' in their viv on branches etc. Dont worry, he will get there and it is great exercise for him.

xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 24/01/2010 : 20:16:31
Just tried Saracen on the 'stairs challenge'. He gave it a valiant effort but needed a bit of a 'leg-up', or at least the snake equivalent of one. He had the right idea but is perhaps still a little short bless him. At least he was happy to play with me - I seem to be forgiven for the horrendous feeding episode.
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:32:27
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Had a look at the video of Tof in the bath, they loved it and looked so cute.

did not expect anyone to have a gander at any other vids lol, im glad you liked it
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 21:25:01
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Have you tried www.stannah.com

HAHA!

(I cant wait for Slinky-T-F-B to grow so that I can watch her climbe the stairs!)

When I first got S-T-F-B I also got a fake vine- the first 3-4 days of using it she kept on falling off/loosing balance and then on the 5th day she didnt- so I put this down to building muscle

I've seen them about are they a good idea? Casper is only a hatchling so is currently in a faun and there isn't really room for any sort of branch to be put in there but i could maybe put one of the small vines hanging from the slits in the faun.

S-T-F-B viv doesnt have room for a branch either- so I bought the vine as she kept on getting onto the tiny ledge by the viv doors and falling off :( She looked so sad about this- and it wasnt nice hearing her "Clonk" off and into the water bowl! So I bought one and she loves it! She Snakes around quite happily now!

xXx
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 20:49:59
Had a look at the video of Tof in the bath, they loved it and looked so cute.
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 20:26:40
Judith, thanks i can't help but support her though, i dont like to see her fall am afraid she might break something lol
ahh shes not perfect, pretty darn close though ay

tom, ha dont worry, me and the tof are easily forgotten
Blitz mastering his climbing skills aswell then ayy

kizzig, thanks for liking my sig did you manage to watch the vid?

kizzig Posted - 07/01/2010 : 16:18:36
Love the new sig Chrissy! Will watch the vid later, am at work and it won't play here...
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/01/2010 : 16:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

quote:

HAHA!

(I cant wait for Slinky-T-F-B to grow so that I can watch her climbe the stairs!)

When I first got S-T-F-B I also got a fake vine- the first 3-4 days of using it she kept on falling off/loosing balance and then on the 5th day she didnt- so I put this down to building muscle

I've seen them about are they a good idea? Casper is only a hatchling so is currently in a faun and there isn't really room for any sort of branch to be put in there but i could maybe put one of the small vines hanging from the slits in the faun.
hillzi Posted - 07/01/2010 : 15:31:02
Whoops forgot about this thread Chrissy!

Hmm not bad effort from the Tof, perhaps she'd join Blitz on conquering everest.

Kellog Posted - 07/01/2010 : 04:02:22
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

ok i have a vid, this is better than her last attempt so it seem you are all right, build her up slowly and wait till she gets a good technique going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4PcJp-77A

She is doing a great job Chrissy, she just needs to learn how to do it and practice makes perfect. Remember how long she is and how much body she has to move.

Dont worry too much about her falling, she will only slip down a stair or two. If you keep supporting her she wont learn to grip on by herself - have found that with Kellog, he doesnt hang onto me like he should cos he seems to know I will catch him !!

Dont think there is anything to worry about with Tof...she is just perfect!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:43:09
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

thanks, i kept looking at monty and getting a bit emotional about not having him. so thought that i would have a change and have luna as she is bit more important know, still havn't given up hope for monty but luna is a bit more special. i was planning a change but as this corn died that i was getting then i had to use luna. she is beautiful anyway but was guna wait till i had the new snake, that aint guna happen for another 3 months at least.

forgot to say i like your aswell. tof looks really happy in that pic. you have done him proud. just out of curiosity how long have you had tof. never been on this forum long enough to know.

i can only imagine how hard it is for you at the moment danny. it is good that you have not given up hope on finding him, i bet he will turn up when you least expect it!
continue to treasure luna, she will help you out though all of this

ive had tof for about 10 months now, she does look happy don't she bless her she is a mega poser though

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

nice vid - she'll get better as she gets more practice on them - bless her trying to get under the carpet though!!

cheers hannah she does love her carpets lol
dean54321 Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:36:56
quote:

lol
HannahB Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:27:03
nice vid - she'll get better as she gets more practice on them - bless her trying to get under the carpet though!!
reptiledanny Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:05:06
forgot to say i like your aswell. tof looks really happy in that pic. you have done him proud. just out of curiosity how long have you had tof. never been on this forum long enough to know.
reptiledanny Posted - 06/01/2010 : 19:04:00
thanks, i kept looking at monty and getting a bit emotional about not having him. so thought that i would have a change and have luna as she is bit more important know, still havn't given up hope for monty but luna is a bit more special. i was planning a change but as this corn died that i was getting then i had to use luna. she is beautiful anyway but was guna wait till i had the new snake, that aint guna happen for another 3 months at least.
n/a Posted - 06/01/2010 : 18:56:48
ha no i didnt she got a nice bowl of water after though which she seemed to appreciate

i love your new sig btw i hope you find monty soon dude!

edit - for spelling like a...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000