The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Popping

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 15:19:43
I had Dimi popped today, looks like it's a girl! x) Happy. There were two risen dots and the guy said he could only be 99% sure because she was so small, is that right, about the dot thing I mean, a girl?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 04/01/2010 : 19:52:04
monty never did, we had him sexed three times by our local shop and three times he behaved. male.
Blackecho Posted - 04/01/2010 : 19:46:16
lol.
eeji Posted - 04/01/2010 : 18:38:53
quoted from the bottom of the page BE linked to:
Baby snakes often 'poop' on you when attempting to 'pop' them !!

corrected version:
Baby snakes WILL 'poop' on you when attempting to 'pop' them !!

:D
Lilpunk Posted - 04/01/2010 : 07:39:46
Yeah, I'm not too bothered Kellog, just as long as Dimika is happy ;) She's been looking rather healthy lately and I'm quite chuffed lol xD Kellog would be gorgeous to breed from :o Let me know if you ever do ^^
Kellog Posted - 04/01/2010 : 04:15:32
To be honest Lil, how important is it that you know what sex Dimika is unless you are planning on breeding? If you are then why dont you wait until he/she is older and get her/him probed by an expert? I know it is nice to know what sex they are but I dont know if I want to put my snakes through probbing if I am not breeding, and definitely not popping if they were younger! We were told Kellog was male but am not sure if that was ever proven, and OH has guessed that Silvesta is male going by tail length and scale count behind vent. May get him probed at a later date just cos OH wants to make sure he is male (we want a female to breed with Kellog eventually) but I am not worried.
Dimika is a gorgeous name, whatever sex!!

xxx

BE - do agree with Hillzi, it needs to be stated very strongly that it is not something that should be done by an inexperienced owner. I think someone mentioned giving it a try on here recently and luckily was talked out of it.

Sammysnake Posted - 03/01/2010 : 22:38:04
Ouch, that description made my eyes water. Seriously though, I can see why you recommend only very experienced people do this as I guess it would be really easy to hurt and/or damage the snake if you do it even slightly wrong.
gingerpony Posted - 03/01/2010 : 22:28:56
its definitely worth getting him/her popped again in a month or so, and maybe another time after that, either by the same or a different person (doesn't really matter and benefits for both) and see what the verdict is
hillzi Posted - 03/01/2010 : 21:44:39
Good linky BE, the only thing I feel is that inexperienced people may try to probe/pop their snakes. Not saying anyone here would. There's a little disclaimer at the bottom but in my eyes the site couldv'e done more..

Wow quite interesting then,
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 20:21:54
Oh and s/he's 8 months old if I was given the right age when I bought him/her :)
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 20:19:33
Ah, well Dimi might just be a boy then, he is rather small... xD S/he is 19" and weights around 14-15g.
eeji Posted - 03/01/2010 : 20:06:54
if two little pink bits popped out, then its a boy - they're his hemipenes
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 18:53:15
Thanks Echo ;) I happened to read through that earlier, it's a good guide. Maybe it should be put up in the links section; I know it isn't recommended to pop them if you are inexperienced but there is always someone who will, it's worth letting them know how to at least do it right :D
Blackecho Posted - 03/01/2010 : 18:37:42
http://www.cornsnake.co.uk/sexing-corn-snakes.php

Interesting read ^
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 18:23:00
Oh ok, thanks matt, that would make me uncertain again then xD lol. I'll get her done when she is older. It's just so tempting to find out now xD
matty18714 Posted - 03/01/2010 : 18:17:11
Two pale dots is a girl, but popping can never 100% prove a snake is female, it can only prove that its male.
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 15:20:22
EXTRA NOTE; Does this call for a new name do you think?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000