The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Lighting?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 31/12/2009 : 09:43:21
Hey again, thta reminds me, got to update the pictures of Dimi!

Anyway, I am going to invest in a veiwing light for snakey,but I don't want it to generate much heat as I am still going to have the heat-mat on as it is low-wattage and takes ages to reach the right heat again. What watt bulb would you recommend, and will I need another thermostat to measure the light? I am going to put it on a timer so that I don't have to manually turn it on and off. Any suggestions and what did you do for your lighting?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 01/01/2010 : 08:21:01
xD No thats fine, I have a grid for protection already, and thanks guys :) Just got to go out and buy some stuff now. Oh, an be sure to check out the pictures I'm putting up ;)
gingerpony Posted - 31/12/2009 : 21:48:30
good point hillzi, i'm surprised BE didn't mention it already...............he must be slipping
hillzi Posted - 31/12/2009 : 21:39:38
Personally, I'd gaurd it. I know those energy things are like tubes and snake could get tangled up in them.
gingerpony Posted - 31/12/2009 : 21:17:09
if it's an energy saver that's emitting light but minimal heat (ie. not actually being used as a heatsource like a ceramic or IR would be) and its either on a timer or switched off manually at night to provide the correct photoperiod, it should be no problem whatsoever
Lilpunk Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:05:15
Okay thanks a bunch, that's cleared a lot up for me. However,will the snake be ok with the light AND the heat mat?
Blackecho Posted - 31/12/2009 : 09:59:14
8W maybe, something like that.

Information from www.litebulbs.co.uk

Lilpunk Posted - 31/12/2009 : 09:56:01
Ok, energy saving suits me, but can you recommend a Watt? I don't want it to become too hot...
Blackecho Posted - 31/12/2009 : 09:53:09
Go for an energy saving bulb.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000