The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Just wondering if anyone can help?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:33:54
I have an approx 9 month corn( never got much info when I got her). I say her but don`t know the sex. She is really nervous all the time everytime I go near the viv she disappears, extremely fast. Also a few weeks back I was cleaning her viv and she stuck at her tube(hide) when I moved it.I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance for any responses.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 04:14:22
Give her time Laurad...be patient.

xxx
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 00:07:07
Nope no changes.I will just keep trying, and hopefully she becomes `normal` again lol. Thanks for the advice everyonex
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 04:12:54
Maybe go back to the first week no-handling rule?? Give her some space to settle down then start out handling her as you would when you first got her, for just a short period nice and calmly...not reacting to anything she does. I know that is easier said than done especially if she is striking at you but you have to show her you are not scared of her and that she is safe with you. Could do with being handled every day but just for a short period.

Do you take her out if she is in her hide or do you leave her alone? I now take Kellog out even when he is in his hide...I just make sure he know I am coming and gently lift hide out and then him out.

Some people try putting an item of clothing in the viv to try and get the snake more used to your smell. Best suggestion I have heard is a worn knee high sock with the foot cut off.

Could it have something to do with the colder weather?? Any changes you can identify that happened about a month ago?

Wish I could help more.

xxx
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:58:13
Even earlier she was up and about in her viv as soon as I touched the glass she disappered. Puzzled!
a33272 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:49:16
maybe you woke he/she up
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:48:29
She has just shed. Don`t know whats wrong! I worry alot lol.
eeji Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:46:24
maybe due a shed, or just in a grumpy mood?
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:43:30
She was handled every day or two.
I have had her since August she only started becoming like this about a month ago.
a33272 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:39:15
how often do you handle he/she??

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000