Just wondering if anyone can help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an approx 9 month corn( never got much info when I got her). I say her but don`t know the sex. She is really nervous all the time everytime I go near the viv she disappears, extremely fast. Also a few weeks back I was cleaning her viv and she stuck at her tube(hide) when I moved it.I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance for any responses.

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:39:15  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how often do you handle he/she??

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She was handled every day or two.
I have had her since August she only started becoming like this about a month ago.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:46:24  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe due a shed, or just in a grumpy mood?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has just shed. Don`t know whats wrong! I worry alot lol.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:49:16  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
maybe you woke he/she up

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  23:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even earlier she was up and about in her viv as soon as I touched the glass she disappered. Puzzled!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2009 :  04:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe go back to the first week no-handling rule?? Give her some space to settle down then start out handling her as you would when you first got her, for just a short period nice and calmly...not reacting to anything she does. I know that is easier said than done especially if she is striking at you but you have to show her you are not scared of her and that she is safe with you. Could do with being handled every day but just for a short period.

Do you take her out if she is in her hide or do you leave her alone? I now take Kellog out even when he is in his hide...I just make sure he know I am coming and gently lift hide out and then him out.

Some people try putting an item of clothing in the viv to try and get the snake more used to your smell. Best suggestion I have heard is a worn knee high sock with the foot cut off.

Could it have something to do with the colder weather?? Any changes you can identify that happened about a month ago?

Wish I could help more.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  00:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope no changes.I will just keep trying, and hopefully she becomes `normal` again lol. Thanks for the advice everyonex
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2009 :  04:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give her time Laurad...be patient.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly