The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Swimming snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:23:59
we just got our first corn and he's settling in very well. We heard that you can put corns in water and they swim. we're keen to try this if it is possible. but what temp and depth water is advised and how long should the snake be in there for
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 10:27:12
quote:
Originally posted by Zeusie

Thanks guys. we put him in the water and after some really violent swimming he pooped. i think he liked it though.

Zeusie, I definitely agree with Eeji...the really violent swimming was him being stressed and not liking being in the water. Would only advise that you bath him when it is totally necessary....like when he has gone too long without pooing and needs encouraging. Other than than avoid it.

xxx
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 17:46:45
I bath Luna my snow regularly otherwise she doesn't poop, she seems to enjoy it and has a good swim around :) she even swims underwater sometimes lol!
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:45:46
quote:
Originally posted by Zeusie

Thanks guys. we put him in the water and after some really violent swimming he pooped. i think he liked it though.

Hahah the poo is nasty aint it
eeji Posted - 30/12/2009 : 12:31:58
the really violent swimming is him being panicky and trying to get out ;)
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 11:37:59
gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 07:46:12
they'd probably not choose to but would probably have a go if it meant getting where they wanted to be lol
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 04:25:15
Agree with the above...have only bathed Kellog when he had mites or when he was overdue a poo.

Am not sure whether corns would choose to swim in the wild??

xxx
a33272 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:31:39
ive only very bathed my JCP when i was worried he was abit blocked up
eeji Posted - 28/12/2009 : 20:32:59
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

and i would add that i'd personally not bath a snake unless it had a specific problem eg. a bad shed, or constipation

me too. In all the time I've had snakes, I've only ever tried it once and he didn't like it one bit which led me to the conclusion that snakey putting all his energy into trying to escape the bath of water = stressed snakey, so I've never had the need to since
gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 20:17:38
and i would add that i'd personally not bath a snake unless it had a specific problem eg. a bad shed, or constipation
gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 20:16:20
for a hatchie it's easier to use the sink, for an adult its the bath BUT............

DO check the temps with a thermometer, 27-30*C is great, and

DO block off taps, overflow, anywhere the snake migt wriggle into and get lost, and

DON'T leave it unattended
matty18714 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:49:02
The above is right for the temp, I would get it between 25-27*C. Dont have the water any deeper than the thickness of the snake.
lmfastcars Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:47:42
the water should be the equivilent tempreture of the hot end and should be checked with a thermometer. As for the depth and length of time, im affraid you'll have to wait for the more expeirenced keepers.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000