The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Securing plants on viv walls

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 11/11/2009 : 20:46:38
I was wondering how any of you guys n gals secure silk vines or the like on to the side of the viv?
Currently I have a plastic silk plant on the side wall of my Leo's viv, a sucker holds it up, as Elle is only a Leo there is little chance she will knock it down. When it dries up obviously it falls.
Now when I build Elijahs bigger viv, when the time comes, I want some plants maybe on the sides and back walls, but I don't want them falling down all the time. Plus I don't want nails or hooks or anything just in case he hurts him self on them, so what would be the best and best plants to have for this?

Mick
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 14/11/2009 : 00:54:14
Well some good ideas there, I have plenty of time yet so I'll give it some thought. I think the plastic naily things sounds like the best option so far.

Thanks.

Mick
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/11/2009 : 08:32:49
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

Cable nail? That's those nails with like..... a plastic loop on it to secure the cable in place right?

And staples, des this mean they would be in there permanently? What about when you do the monthly cleanout, just restaple?

Mick

Caspers stuff stays in the viv to be cleaned, theres plenty of space in mine for washing.
Janos Posted - 13/11/2009 : 00:28:15
What I do is get those push pins with the rounded plastic peg sticking out of them and put them into the back wall of the viv, if it's a cheap back wall(like mine) use blu-tac at the other side to secure the pin in place and then just hang the plants on the peg. That sounds a bit dodgy, but Astra hasn't knocked it down yet.
eeji Posted - 12/11/2009 : 22:50:41
the ig's "viv" was huuuuuuge so everything stayed in place
LittleMick Posted - 12/11/2009 : 22:19:18
Cable nail? That's those nails with like..... a plastic loop on it to secure the cable in place right?

And staples, des this mean they would be in there permanently? What about when you do the monthly cleanout, just restaple?

Mick
eeji Posted - 11/11/2009 : 21:18:04
when i had my iggy all the fake plants were stapled up :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 21:04:43
I used a staple gun.
matty18714 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 21:02:01
I would use a cable nail. There wont be anything for it to hurt itself on.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000