The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 corn chip

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:09:35
My other half bought some corn chip substrate from a friend who said its safe to feed on and perfect for corns. iv never heard mention of any1 on here usin from what i can remember so i just wanted to check it was safe before we used it. thanx x
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 12/10/2009 : 19:18:00
no, its not 100% safe because if its swallowed it can swell up inside the snake and cause gut impaction
n/a Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:43:42
thank u for the advice hun!
lucifer Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:40:45
Heads up, It gets mouldy when damp so expect to see mould around the water bowl and it will probably stain your vivarium and things inside it if has chance to mould.
Its made from the husks of corn cobs and shouldn't really be ingested by your snake as it can swell.

Its honestly easier to either feed on some kitchen towel over the substrate or outside the viv.

I haven't used the stuff myself but I got this all from friends who have used it with hoggies and other snakes.
n/a Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:19:14
no its made of corn chip, the pack says its safe to feed ur reptiles on and is ok for snakes but since iv never heard of it im not sure if its ok with my corn and his rat snake x sorry for the confusion hannah, im not quite awake yet xx
HannahB Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:15:39
does it say on the packaging what its made of? if its beech or aspen then it is ok, if its pine then its a big no no..pine is toxic to snakes..
if you do feed on the substrate please put a piece of kitchen towel or similar down first just to prevent any substrate getting caught on the pinkie or food

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000