corn chip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My other half bought some corn chip substrate from a friend who said its safe to feed on and perfect for corns. iv never heard mention of any1 on here usin from what i can remember so i just wanted to check it was safe before we used it. thanx x

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does it say on the packaging what its made of? if its beech or aspen then it is ok, if its pine then its a big no no..pine is toxic to snakes..
if you do feed on the substrate please put a piece of kitchen towel or similar down first just to prevent any substrate getting caught on the pinkie or food

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no its made of corn chip, the pack says its safe to feed ur reptiles on and is ok for snakes but since iv never heard of it im not sure if its ok with my corn and his rat snake x sorry for the confusion hannah, im not quite awake yet xx
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:40:45  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heads up, It gets mouldy when damp so expect to see mould around the water bowl and it will probably stain your vivarium and things inside it if has chance to mould.
Its made from the husks of corn cobs and shouldn't really be ingested by your snake as it can swell.

Its honestly easier to either feed on some kitchen towel over the substrate or outside the viv.

I haven't used the stuff myself but I got this all from friends who have used it with hoggies and other snakes.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank u for the advice hun!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  19:18:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no, its not 100% safe because if its swallowed it can swell up inside the snake and cause gut impaction

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000