The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 getting a corn snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 23:25:29
Hi,
I'm fairly new to keeping reptiles and im hoping to get one within the coming month. However theres a few things i'm still unsure about.

How often should you handle your corn snake whilst it is young to get it accustomed to handling?
Also at what age is a corn snake considered old enough to be sold on after being born?
Lastly, what information should be provided by the breeder when a young snake is bought from them? Is there any vaccinations or checks I should make a.s.a.p after getting the snake?

Cheers for any help!
If anybody knows of any reputable breeders in the essex/herts area who are expecting hatchlings please drop me a message. I'm having trouble finding local breeders
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/09/2009 : 09:38:13
cheers hannah b. I'll look into this show at brentwood!
KITTYCAT Posted - 11/09/2009 : 22:22:19
welcome! Hannah b has it covered
n/a Posted - 11/09/2009 : 12:46:07
Welcome

I would advise reading the care sheet page on this site http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm as it has lots of useful info.

As for handling the snake. Don't handle the snake for 48hrs after feeding but other than that 5mins a day to begin with

Hope this helps

Andrew
HannahB Posted - 11/09/2009 : 07:05:04
hey and welcome

How often should you handle your corn snake whilst it is young to get it accustomed to handling?as its young once a day for about 5mins should be enough and as it gets older generally increase it
Also at what age is a corn snake considered old enough to be sold on after being born? most breeders make sure that the snake has had around 4 feeds before selling it on
Lastly, what information should be provided by the breeder when a young snake is bought from them? Is there any vaccinations or checks I should make a.s.a.p after getting the snake? there are no vaccinations ect that i know of for snakes.. general info provided by most breeders is the hatching date and how many feeds its had - most provide the dates aswell so you know how often its been fed

theres a show coming up on the 27th September in Brentwood,Essex, theres a post about it in the shows/meet section.. there will be plenty of breeders there who will have loads of different morphs ect

hope this helps you out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000